Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
sweevo
Groupie
sweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animalssweevo is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle Touch
Is there a way to browse the Kindle contents by directory?

The files on my computer hard drive are arranged in a directory structure that makes sense to me. For example, for ebooks I might have directories (or "folders" as kids call them today) for specific genres, within those directories for specific authors, and perhaps a third level for books that are part of a series. And all of the Harvard Classics, for example, may be kept safely out of the way in their own directory.

It's trivial to copy the ebooks directory to the Kindle - but when viewed on the device, all the files are flattened into a single list.

Is there a way to browse my books on the Kindle as I would on a computer? That is, see the files and directories in the current directories and then pick a file, delve into a directory, or go back up on level or to the root?
sweevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
brewjono
Zealot
brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brewjono ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, KPW
Short answer, No.

There are literally dozens of threads already posted on this same topic already.

Here are 2 threads to look at that have been going for along time and might help you out.

Kindle Collection Manager

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94261

Creating Calibre Catalogs

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...hlight=catalog

Brewjono
brewjono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert