Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #76
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by swede View Post
This is for Kindle with devicecode = 04, i guess its DX,
03 seems to be K2i

Hn, Us Dx?

Which file download are you talking about, Swede?

There's been several posted on this thread.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #77
swede
swede began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Intl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Hn, Us Dx?

Which file download are you talking about, Swede?

There's been several posted on this thread.
The one talked about here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
You can use this - ill leave it up for people to download also (please no abuse 2.5 bin files only)

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BzSz...NTFiYWRm&hl=en
I am hosting this file here:

http://drop.io/hidden/gy1pqr1nkp3qjq...I5MDAwNTctYmlu

I don't how long it will stay up... but here it is...

drop.io is a free service, giving you 100MB of free space. the only kicker is that you have remember your d/l name, which is a random string (ex. "d2f89a2kjk")
swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #78
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede View Post
The one talked about here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidspitzer View Post
You can use this - ill leave it up for people to download also (please no abuse 2.5 bin files only)

I am hosting this file here:

http://drop.io/hidden/gy1pqr1nkp3qjq...I5MDAwNTctYmlu

I don't how long it will stay up... but here it is...

drop.io is a free service, giving you 100MB of free space. the only kicker is that you have remember your d/l name, which is a random string (ex. "d2f89a2kjk")
Right. Thanks >_<

I already tried this one, it no work for me.

*crawls back into corner*
Old 05-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #79
FrozenRiver
FrozenRiver began at the beginning.

Device: kindle DX
Sigh. I tried the bin file for 2.3.2 to 2.5 with no success. My kindle DX US has the 2.3.4 version OS. Apparently people with this version are minority, since I haven't seen anybody, apart from myself, making request of a 2.3.4-2.5 bin file.

So, here comes my request: Anybody has the 2.3.4-2.5 bin file?

Or, anybody knows how to go from 2.3.4 back to 2.3.2 OS... Thanks.
FrozenRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 01:50 PM   #80
Anarel
Evangelist

I'm not sure you can go back a software version....

But I'm still looking for US Dx 2.3.3 -> 2.5!
Advert
Old 05-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #81
ereadx
ereadx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
Does anyone have the update for Kindle 2 (I have the global wireless edition). Even Ars Technica got a copy of it. Can someone please upload it etc. The 2.5 update has to be out already for Kindle 2

Thanks

-e
ereadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #82
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
Right. Thanks >_<

I already tried this one, it no work for me.

*crawls back into corner*
here is the right link

only works for 2.3.2 to 2.5 does not work with 2.3.3 (kindle dx)
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:17 PM   #83
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Have we had a link for the K2 (US) update from version 2.3.3 to 2.5 as yet?
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:19 PM   #84
ereadx
ereadx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2 Global
Thanks DavidSpitzer..

I just noticed that I have 2.3.3 and I assume I can't downgrade to 2.3.2 and apply this update to make go to 2.5

I have the Kindle 2 (global) ...I assume this is the Kindle 2i

Thanks
ereadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #85
davidspitzer
So Many Words to Read!
davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.davidspitzer reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereadx View Post
Thanks DavidSpitzer..

I just noticed that I have 2.3.3 and I assume I can't downgrade to 2.3.2 and apply this update to make go to 2.5

I have the Kindle 2 (global) ...I assume this is the Kindle 2i

Thanks
I tried i can not figure a way to downgrade the bin files seems to be a one way street

someone must have the 2.3.3 to 2.5 bin - if you do - please email me and ill post it or post a link so others may share in the wealth
davidspitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #86
brakeb
brakeb began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX (US)
Does anyone have the old 2.3.2 firmware... I was an idiot and flashed 2.3.3 to my kindle a couple of days ago, since I thought there might be something wrong with my dx.

The file I hosted at drop.io is the 2.3.2 to 2.5.0 update...

*edit* I can't downgrade?!? Son of a...
brakeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #87
AndyG
AndyG began at the beginning.

Device: 505, Kindle DX
I got the update (OTA) on my UK DX. I'm surprised to find that the experimental web browser now works on any site (previously it was blocked for UK users I believe, certainly it didn't work for me anyway).
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #88
nguyeng
nguyeng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRiver View Post
Sigh. I tried the bin file for 2.3.2 to 2.5 with no success. My kindle DX US has the 2.3.4 version OS. Apparently people with this version are minority, since I haven't seen anybody, apart from myself, making request of a 2.3.4-2.5 bin file.

So, here comes my request: Anybody has the 2.3.4-2.5 bin file?

Or, anybody knows how to go from 2.3.4 back to 2.3.2 OS... Thanks.
We are in the same boat. Some of us are asking the update file from 2.3.4 to 2.5 for Kindle DX US but in a different thread. Do someone have the file, please send us. Many thanks.
nguyeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #89
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman7 View Post
Have we had a link for the K2 (US) update from version 2.3.3 to 2.5 as yet?
Looking for the same one, haven't seen it anywhere.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:23 PM   #90
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I am so confused about what file is actually available now. Could someone do an update please?
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote