Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
dawnah
dawnah began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-505R
Hello from Ontario, Canada

Bought myself a Sony PRS-505R for Christmas. I checked out the blogs and reviews online for a couple of weeks and decided it was what I needed.
I love it!
dawnah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:32 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, dawnah

I have had the 505 for a year now and love it! Have you seen all the free ebooks on this site? You can use the lrf and ePub versions for download.

Also, feedbooks has free ebooks and many of our MR authors put their work up there. Check my signature for the list of some of the authors to look for. The sig link takes you to the page of my list of authors there.

Smashwords also has free and for purchase ebooks. Some of our MR authors are there also.

Have fun with your new toy and jump in to ask questions if you need to.

Last edited by dreams; 01-04-2010 at 12:35 AM.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 12:41 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
good choice dawnah, happy reading
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:12 AM   #4
dawnah

Thanks for the welcome. I've been having fun? getting this all set up and I've downloaded books from from the Sony e-store and 1 from Smashwords just to see if I
could do it. Only one problem so far...one book downloaded OK but I can't change
the font size. I found an answer on the Calibre forum but I'm afraid I'm just not
tech savvy enough to figure out what to do. Go figure eh?...it was THE one I wanted
to get for Mom who needed the larger font. Oh well..
Old 01-04-2010, 01:41 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Which book and from where?
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 01:48 AM   #6
dawnah

'Outlander' by Diana Gabaldon...Sony e-store
Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 AM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella

I had that one in paper, so didn't try it from the Sony store. I'm not sure why it won't enlarge the text. Are you able to enlarge the text in all the other books?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:08 AM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dawnah and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a 505 for two years and really like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:16 AM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Hi Dawnah and welcome to MobileRead. I have a 505 as well and I love it.

p.s. I'm originally from Ontario, too!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #10
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome. The font size should be able to change at least 3 levels on the 505 and an epub. Are you saying it won't change at all? Or that you can't make it big enough?

If it's a drm-protected book the only way to change that additionally would be to strip the drm and edit the book format itself. Not necessarily something simple as far as I know, unfortunatly.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
dawnah

That's right...it won't change at all. All the others work fine. Is there anyone who walk me through the Calibre font changing thingy? (or suggest some other simpler way?)
Thanks guys
Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnah View Post
That's right...it won't change at all. All the others work fine. Is there anyone who walk me through the Calibre font changing thingy? (or suggest some other simpler way?)
Thanks guys

Strange, it must be something about that particular book.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM   #13
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Maybe if you deleted it from your reader and then re-added it or even re-downloaded it from the Sony store it would work? I've never heard of a situation like this, but you don't have anything to lose. Try opening it with the eBook Library on your computer (the Sony software) and changing the font to see if it works (there should be an "s" button (or "m", etc.) in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #14
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Welcome dawnah!

Argos or Ticats?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote