Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Voice over scene of glistening river in a tropical area:
In the jungles of Central America, two people will soon learn the meaning of True Love.

Vivaldi (wearing goggle helmet) According to Wiki, True Love is a short story by Isaac Asimov.

Harv (flying plane) I don't think that's what he meant, Viv.

V But he said that two people would learn the meaning of true love. I just thought I'd save some time by looking it up on the M.A.R.V.I.N.

Voice over That was just hollywood hype.

H Viv, do you always have to mess things up?

V I was just trying to be helpful. Sheesh!

Vera (From back of plane) Would you two shut up? They were just getting to the good part!

Voice over as the Goose flies past the camera, into the sunset: Vera and Harv in Mexico City. Coming soon to a forum near you! (Do I get paid extra for working with a dog?)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Voice over scene of glistening river in a tropical area:
In the jungles of Central America, two people will soon learn the meaning of True Love.

Vivaldi (wearing goggle helmet) According to Wiki, True Love is a short story by Isaac Asimov.

Harv (flying plane) I don't think that's what he meant, Viv.

V But he said that two people would learn the meaning of true love. I just thought I'd save some time by looking it up on the M.A.R.V.I.N.

Voice over That was just hollywood hype.

H Viv, do you always have to mess things up?

V I was just trying to be helpful. Sheesh!

Vera (From back of plane) Would you two shut up? They were just getting to the good part!

Voice over as the Goose flies past the camera, into the sunset: Vera and Harv in Mexico City. Coming soon to a forum near you! (Do I get paid extra for working with a dog?)

paid extra ??? they're already paying the dog extra for working with a pshrynk, i'm not sure how much of a budget they've got.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Twice upon a time there were the greatest lovers ever born. Harv, being born in the twelfth century, never knew the exquisite joy of meeting the woman he was made for, since Vera was born in the twentieth.

It would have been a real page turner of a story, though.

The end.
I swear, I read a story once that had that identical subject.
There was a man who spent his life trying to find his one true love, or'soul mate' .

Many adventures later, he dies never realizing, or maybe he does, he one true love lived and died centuries before he was born.

So sad because he missed out on enjoying the life he had.

Back to the show.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
pshrynk
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the twilit streets of a disreputable part of Mexico City, a furtive figure darted from shadow to shadow. Slipping quietly into the darkened doorway of a run down cantina, the shadowy character pulled a veil tighter around the already masked face.

"Quien es?" asked a voice from the interior.

"It is me, you shtupid leetle man!" came the booming baritone of a woman who meant not to be trifled with.

"Que?"

"Nein! Mine name ist not Kay! Didn't they tell you to expect me?"

"Senora! Please! You have to go through the motions with me or I cannot let you in!"

"I vill be talking with your superior about this!"

"Whatever! Quien es?"

"Grumble grumble grumble... I have with me ze RED BOX!"

"But there is a small wind tonight."

"I don't give a light breeze in Farking about the wind, but if you insist, Not while the chowder is boiling."

"That's not going with the whole spirit of things, now is it? Enter, friend and be welcome. Damned Germans!"

"I heard zat!"

The large woman entered the cantina and pulled the scarf from her head.

"Ah, Frau Miyatake! It is about time that you arrived! We have been expecting you!"

"Not accordink to ze moron at the front door!"
Old 12-29-2008, 03:30 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
"I don't give a light breeze in Farking about the wind, but if you insist, Not while the chowder is boiling."

so, we will discover what frau miyatake has been up to !!! what dastardly plots can she have hatched during the hiatus ?? what diabolical projects is she preparing ??? and what is in the red box ???? (a squid ?)
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
pshrynk

Vera sat in her office and made a desultory attempt at doing her work. Somehow, encryption analysis for the Army OIS just wasn't doing it for her today. She and Harv had had another fight and she just could care less about the Japanese Grand Fleet operations off the coast of Mexico, right now. Why did he have to be such a hard head about things like security clearance? She picked up a twix and looked it over briefly.

"Send a fish out to Point Blue and threaten anything that moves" she wrote on the dispatch and threw it in the Out box.

Her intercom buzzed. Happy to have any distraction, she slapped the key down. "Yeah?"

"Vera, my dear! How are you doing today?" came Biggles' cheery voice. "I was about to nip out for lunch and wondered if you'd care to join me?"

"Does it involve inappropriate contact?"

"I should say not!" There was a level of indignation in Biggles' voice only heard when he was losing badly at poker. Which was to say, often, but not usually in the office.

"Oh, well, I suppose I could go, anyway." Vera was really bored.

"Good! I need to talk with you about our friend Miyatake. More to the point his wife."

"What's up with Hilda?"

"I would rather discuss this where there are fewer chances of being overheard."

"I understand! Meet me at the front door in five minutes."
Old 12-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

aha ! they know she's up to no good !!!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #8
pshrynk

Harv slowly opened his eyes, fearful of what awful thing he might see. It was worse than he could imagine and he quickly closed them and screamed lightly.

"You okay, boss?" asked Vivaldi.

"Why are you upside down?"

"I'm not."

Harv did some quick calculations in his head. "Then why am I upside down?"

"Well, you wre a little drunk last night..."

"That I knew already." Damn Vera and her security protocols, anyway! "What else?"

Harv re-opened his eyes and stared at the, to him, upside down nstrils of his dog, Vivaldi. Well, Vivaldi would argue that he was his own dog, and he merely worked for Harv, but the nature of canis domesticus was such that he soon came back to begging for skritch and a tug on the old knotted socks.

"Well, ever since those socks moved in next door, they've been a bit spooked whenever I come around to visit. The one with the safety pins and tattoos even pulled a knife on me, once."

"And this has something to do with me being upside down, how?"

"Apparently, they set some snares. So, when you were stumbling around last night..."

"Got it. Why are they upset with you? What did you do?"

"Why's it always my fault? Did you ever think that a pair of smart wool socks might have paranoia issues? Might it not be that they are the parties to the complaint that may be in the wrong?"

"No. What did you do?"

"Well, I might have tried playing fetch with one of them. But just once."

"Just cut me down, will you?"
Old 12-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
"Well, ever since those socks moved in next door...
JOY !!!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #10
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Voice over as the Goose flies past the camera, into the sunset:
I'd like this even better if it said "drives".

Quote:
"I don't give a light breeze in Farking about the wind

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 02:17 PM   #11
pshrynk

In a forest in China, two pandas sat in a bamboo grove, munching their dinner.

"Did you hear something?" the first panda, who oddly enough, was named Steve Jordan.

"No," said the second panda.

"Huh. Could have sworn I heard someone screaming, 'The frogs! The terrible frogs!' Must have been something I ate..."
Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
In a forest in China, two pandas sat in a bamboo grove, munching their dinner.

"Did you hear something?" the first panda, who oddly enough, was named Steve Jordan.

"No," said the second panda.

"Huh. Could have sworn I heard someone screaming, 'The frogs! The terrible frogs!' Must have been something I ate..."
:lolfrog!!: :theterriblelolfrog!!!:
Old 12-30-2008, 03:09 PM   #13
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
"Hugo?"

"Yeah, Lefty?"

"Why is the sky all orange with green stripes?"

"Is this another one of your strange philosophical questions, Lefty?"

"No. What's philosphical?"

"Never mind. Look, I'm looking right at the sky and it is definitely not orange with green stripes. That is a MacGregor tartan if ever I..."

"I feel strange, Hugo."

"Well, that might have something to do with the fact that you just turned into a cauliflower. Something is going on here."

"I feel like I'm being eaten by a panda, Hugo."

"Just be quiet for a minute, Lefty. I'm trying to figure this out. AND WHAT ARE THOSE FROGS DOING HERE?!?!?!?!?!"

"Oh, wow, man! Look what happens when I move my heel like this!" The room was suddenly filled with giggles.

"What the heck was that author on?"

"I think he said something about Jack Daniels and Bathtub Acid."

"Oh, ghod, Lefty, he's trying to replicate abisinthe again! Run for it!"

"Can I bring my frog with me?"

"AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!"
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:20 PM   #14
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Abisinthe maketh the heart grow fonther.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 03:22 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

:groooan: