Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-01-2016, 04:35 AM   #1
Shornikov
Shornikov began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Chapter start in even page in google books,ADE. How fix?

I have some chapter in epub. One chapter in one file.
<itemref idref='text_0' />
<itemref idref='text_1' />...
Book NOT fixed layout.
Book reading in spread mode.

In Apple iBooks - all ok.
But google play books, ADE - start chapter in left part of spread.
I see some logic in this behavior, but i want fix it. How disable blank pages between chapters?
May be we have some like <itemref idref='text_0' properties="page-spread-any"/>

PS. I know about variant "all chapters in one file and use page-break-*".
Shornikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:08 AM   #2
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
I do not understand: are you talking about a reflowable EPUB3 using rendition:spread and "both" value?
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2016, 05:48 AM   #3
Shornikov
Shornikov began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
I do not understand: are you talking about a reflowable EPUB3 using rendition:spread and "both" value?
Yes, reflowable. I try epub2 and epub3.
I don't use "rendition:" tag, in landscape mode tablet switch in spread mode automatic.
Shornikov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 06:46 AM   #4
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
I understand your problem. To be honest I have not an answer. I fear the way the ebook reader application handles the right/left page in changing chapter and reflow spread is not related to any IDPF rules, especially for ePub2. I hope someone can help you, sorry.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote