Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Alexpride
Enthusiast
Alexpride began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 900, Nook Color
I need to get this book.

I would like to purchase this ebook, but I don't have a kindle. I haven't found another ebook store that sells it. I have a Sony 700. Any idea of how to get this book. Thanks in advance!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Alexpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
Try this

Barnes and Noble has it in ereader format.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=9781418578633

There are people on this site that use software to convert ebooks to different formats but I think Kindle is one that cannot be converted.

Hope that helps.
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Alexpride
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hike_gc View Post

There are people on this site that use software to convert ebooks to different formats but I think Kindle is one that cannot be converted.

Hope that helps.
Thanks, I didn't know B&N had it.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

Hope that helps.
The Kindle version can be converted, it's azw, (after removing DRM), but you do need a Kindle or iPhone/iTouch w/ Kindle app to be able to buy from Amazon at least until the PC app come out.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
I would ask someone at B&N if they are going to put out an epub version for the Nook. If so, all you have to do is ditch the DRM.

I've had pretty good luck getting information by emailing a couple publishers.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Alexpride
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
The Kindle version can be converted, it's azw, (after removing DRM), but you do need a Kindle or iPhone/iTouch w/ Kindle app to be able to buy from Amazon at least until the PC app come out.
Any idea when the PC software might come out? It is ridiculous how B&N are charging double the price in comparison to the kindle version.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
Alexpride
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superlucky View Post
I would ask someone at B&N if they are going to put out an epub version for the Nook. If so, all you have to do is ditch the DRM.

I've had pretty good luck getting information by emailing a couple publishers.
emailing publishers about what exactly?
Old 10-26-2009, 12:24 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Asking the publisher to release an ebook in a version other than Kindle. Specifically ask for an epub version.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #9
Alexpride
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooks View Post
Asking the publisher to release an ebook in a version other than Kindle. Specifically ask for an epub version.
Thanks, definitely worth a try.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #10
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexpride View Post
emailing publishers about what exactly?
I meant emailing publishers and getting a date as to when the same Kindle-available book would be available at the Sony store. I've gotten immediate replies.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote