Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Pew pew pew (take this quiz)

It is fun. I didn't do too horribly and made 11/13 but I am ashamed of the ones I missed.

http://pewresearch.org/politicalquiz/quiz/index.php
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
A bit too American biased for me I think

But I still got 11/13, which means I must be a pretty good guesser!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Oof. 8/13. The ones I missed were largely the ones that had to do with political parties and such (majority in house/senate, speaker of house, etc). Guess I need to have a CSPAN marathon.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
12/13 and I too am ashamed of the one I missed, after all I work for the US Army! I really should know how many casualties we have suffered in Afghanistan!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I also hit the 12/13 mark. I knew I was taking a guess for the Prime Minister of Great Britain and picked wrong; I guessed Tony Hayward instead of David Cameron. Sorry Brits, I guess I am just America-centric.
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 07:29 PM   #6
Aurora W
Addict
Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aurora W ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-950, iPad, Nexus 7
13/13

Guess that proves I am a news-junkie....
Aurora W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #7
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
I'm also a news junkie- 13 out of 13 for me.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #8
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
12/13

I guessed on the first two. If I had given it more thought, I would have chosen Greece.

I knew Ben Bernanke was the Chair of the Fed, but wasn't sure that was his picture.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Just goes to show how much U.S. news dominates the average commercial news bulletin in Australia. 9.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:57 AM   #10
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
I guessed on a couple of the US ones. 11/13 I got the "Speaker of the house of representatives" and the Prime minister of "Great Britain" wrong.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:36 AM   #11
happyboy
Enthusiast
happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.happyboy is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Nokia N900, Sony PRS-T1
I found the questions quite easy.

After having no clue at all about "current americana", and therefore been randomly guessing on questions as "Speaker of the house of representatives, Sotomayor(OK, I know her by name and function, but didn't know her face) and so on, I actually got 11/13. I'm stunned of the laws of probability!

(Elephant is the republican symbol, that I knew, and the democrats use a donkey, right?)
happyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyboy View Post
I

(Elephant is the republican symbol, that I knew, and the democrats use a donkey, right?)
and apparently in the Egyptian election, because many can not read, they are using symbols of soccerballs, sunglasses, tanks etc. to represent political parties.

who will we vote for? Elephants, tanks or soccerballs?
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:12 AM   #13
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
9. I haven't watched a news program in years. I got the things wrong I should have. I had no clue on any of the people pictures except for Steve-o.

I missed:
Thinking about Congress, do Republicans currently have a majority in…?
Who is this?
Who is the current Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives?
Since the start of military action in Afghanistan, about how many U.S. military personnel have been killed? Around…?

Not overly surprised by what I missed.

In Canada we vote for colours: Red, Blue, another Blue, Green, Orange. And no, red isn't communist.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote