Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Rooting Nook Color with 1.2 Firmware On It?

Hi, Everyone.

A friend of mine lent me her Nook Color so I could root it over the weekend. I tried rooting it with these instructions, but it didn't work because it's got the 1.2 firmware on it. After doing a little bit of searching, I found these instructions, but I'm a little hesitant to do a "complete wipe" on the NC because I don't want her to lose anything.

Is there anything I can do to root it without a complete wipe? If I do a complete wipe, will she be able to download all her old stuff?
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Hi, Everyone.

A friend of mine lent me her Nook Color so I could root it over the weekend. I tried rooting it with these instructions, but it didn't work because it's got the 1.2 firmware on it. After doing a little bit of searching, I found these instructions, but I'm a little hesitant to do a "complete wipe" on the NC because I don't want her to lose anything.

Is there anything I can do to root it without a complete wipe? If I do a complete wipe, will she be able to download all her old stuff?
I dont think you need to wipe if it is not already rooted. Anyway, if it is not rooted, the only content is your purchases from b&n, which you can redownload, plus your sideloaded stuff, which you should have a copy of. So you should be ok wiping it.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert