Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
sanctum9
sanctum9 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
puzzled

I have just recieved a sony prs 600 as a birthday gift from my beautiful (and generous) wife.

Its one of the best presents I've ever had. Im in love with it but I seem to be having problems with the library.

I put a few books on which I later removed, then I tried to put some more on. It put a few on then just stopped, the status revealed it was processing but it was stuck for hours. Even on books which had previously installed ok, whats going on?

Any help welcome

P.S. When I browsed to the reader and drag/dropped the files it worked great, just dont understand!
sanctum9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
When you make changes to the library on some models of the Sony, including that one, it re-indexes the library which can take some time. How long did you leave it? If literally hours, then something else is wrong, but otherwise it might be worth leaving it on for a bit and see if it sorts itself out.

I don't have a Sony myself but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along in a minute. Welcome to MobileRead!

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
sanctum9

Thanks graham, it hung up for literally hours. The sync option was not an option! will check back tomorrow. Thanks again
Old 12-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #4
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I think you have one "bad file" that is holding everything up. This happened to me too. You need to turn off sync and move your files onto the reader one at a time. Then you will know which one the bad one is. Just be aware: when you turn off sync, any books which were added via sync will be deleted from the reader.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya Sanctum (just said hello to you in your introduction thread).

I'm a Sony user, too. Quite honestly, great as the hardware is, their library software is a mess. I'd strongly advise you to abandon it and, as I have for the past two years, rely on the far superior and free (or donate) Calibre library software created by a MobileRead member called Kovid Goyal.

You don't say where in the world you are, but if you're outside the USA, UK and Eire, you'll also find that the Sony ebook store itself won't work for you. They used to re-direct to Waterstones and Barnes & Noble ebook stores. Both of these have likewise now withdrawn buying facility for users outside the US and UK. Good luck. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
sanctum9

Thanks for your prompt replies everyone, I think I will take the advice and ditch the library software. I might try the calibre option this weekend and further enrage the missus by playing with that rather than wrapping presents
Old 12-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #7
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Good idea... better than wrapping, just make yourself available for when your signature is required...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote