Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Find and replace string with wildcard

I want to be able to search for example:

**<p class="calibre1 calibre5 sgc-1">Page 62</p>**

But replace 62 with another number automatically. Is there a way to make Sigil search for the string while making the number a wildcard so I can delete them??

Thanks!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I want to be able to search for example:

But replace 62 with another number automatically. Is there a way to make Sigil search for the string while making the number a wildcard so I can delete them??

Thanks!
use regex mode
Code:
\*\*<p class="calibre1 calibre5 sgc-1">Page \d+</p>\*\*
Replace with a nil (blank) replace string

note space\d+ replaces any amount of digits following the space
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Very cool thanks, this is a converted PDF and they have Page # in bold and was hoping to find a good way to get rid of it in one swoop. I've never used regex mode, I'll give it a shot!

Thanks again!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Very cool thanks, this is a converted PDF and they have Page # in bold and was hoping to find a good way to get rid of it in one swoop. I've never used regex mode, I'll give it a shot!

Thanks again!
Please note the the REGEX expression I supplied is:
1) untested. (Be prepared to "Discard your current Sigil Edit session.) Save your work before trying.
2) I took your supplied search term to be as exactly what you were replacing. Switching to Code View, exposes additional tags that must be accounted for.
3) I did not see any additional White space, except for the space after the word "Page ",
Old 11-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
jhempel24
Wizard

Okay, thanks, so REGEX is code view right?

I just tried a wildcard "*" for the number, but I'll give yours a shot when I get to my computer.
Advert
Old 11-12-2010, 03:04 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Okay, thanks, so REGEX is code view right?

I just tried a wildcard "*" for the number, but I'll give yours a shot when I get to my computer.
REGEX works in either view.

The REGEX search term differs between the views.

In Code View, you will have some sort of tags that wrap the Book View, visible string.
I selected my term based upon your example (Book View), that included Astrix
Old 11-12-2010, 09:05 AM   #7
jhempel24
Wizard

Hmmm....seems the string didn't work, here is a screen shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigilshot.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	755.7 KB
ID:	61066  
Old 11-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard

Oops, wrong shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigilshot.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	738.7 KB
ID:	61067  
Old 11-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Oops, wrong shot
It's "\d+", not "/d+". You're using a forward slash instead of a backslash.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:16 AM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard

LOL oops, thanks! That worked, love ID10T errors.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:36 AM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
It's "\d+", not "/d+". You're using a forward slash instead of a backslash.
You could see the text that in that screen shot? My eyes must be older than I thought.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #12
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You could see the text that in that screen shot? My eyes must be older than I thought.
(The trick is it's a "clickable" thumbnail ).
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:08 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad Samir View Post
(The trick is it's a "clickable" thumbnail ).
I DID expand it Even showing up on a goodly portion of my screen, my eyes could not pry individual letters out of that one
I usually have no problem reading other screen shots (OK, I do squint sometimes )
Old 11-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #14
Ahmad Samir
Zealot
Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Ahmad Samir , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I DID expand it Even showing up on a goodly portion of my screen, my eyes could not pry individual letters out of that one
I usually have no problem reading other screen shots (OK, I do squint sometimes )
Yep, you need new eyes (I do too :/).
Ahmad Samir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #15
jhempel24
Wizard

LOL, sorry to strain some eyes, I just did a print screen copied to paint and saved it didn't resize it.

But for those in the market for new eyes, check this out!

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/...an-bionic-eye/