Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
lamoe
Enthusiast
lamoe doesn't litterlamoe doesn't litter

Device: Pandigital Novel, Nextar T30, HTC EVO
Fits any reader travel case

I’ve searched the forum for “cover” and “case” and received a reply of 500 threads for just the last 2 weeks. Didn’t see a preexisting thread on this exact subject so here goes.

There is no best case/cover, it’s a matter of what do you want it to do and how much you’re willing to spend in time and money. I want what I want how I want it.

I’m not a techno geek, I’m an electro / mechanical geek. Hacking, rooting, and jail breaking are totally foreign to me. Even forum posting is new to me and have made a few newbie mistakes. Consider this long post my Mea Culpa.

Learned a painful lesson 42 years ago. “It’s better to have something and not need it, than need it and not have it”

With that in mind here’s what I did for my WPDN, same can be done for any reader. All told a little over $45 (including glue, Velcro, Lexan, etc.), not including Nextar multi-media player ($45)

Don’t know how to get pictures into thread, If you want to see the pictures go to the community tab and select albums.

Exterior - travel case from Target ($10 discontinued) – used liquid super stitch glue and pop rivetss to add hand / shoulder straps – wrist strap from Disney - Kmart has a DVD case that’s $15 with a larger main space and external pocket that may work better - hand and shoulder straps included.

Interior - right side, WPDN in sleeve made of padded “Car Headliner” material from fabric store, closure is Velcro pads and seams are electrical tape (already posted how to make). Smaller sleeve is from Sony reader, (bought wife hard cover $16 Office Depot and added clip on light for $5), added Velcro closures - holds solar battery charger and Nextar T30. Left side holds rest of my stuff.

Solar charger - from Harbor Freight ($12) – built in AA charger with battries – 3, 6, 9, & 12 v reversible DC – one of the included tips fits the WPDN. Told you I was an electro / mechanical geek.

Nextar T30 ($45 online) – my original reader– 4.3” screen – AVI, MP3, JPEG, TXT, PDF, FM radio, better MP3 player, and no stand interference from using hole for sound jack. Held in place on charger by Velcro (love Velcro almost as much as Duct Tape.)

Stuff – WPDN / Nextar chargers, extension cord, USB cord, USB battery charger ($5 BB&B), cleaning cloth, 2 sets ear buds, anybody not have extra sets of these?, dual ear bud adaptor ($4 Target), combo stylus / pencil / pen ($4 Office Deport discontinued), and the most important thing – 2 resetting paperclips.

Adjustable vertical / horizontal stand – Lexan (Home Depot $2) – Velcro – Christmas ribbon

Dashboard sticky pad – Black pad attached to back of reader - nice rubbery feel and much better traction. (Dollar General $2) attached with double sided tape.

Last edited by lamoe; 10-17-2010 at 03:09 PM.
lamoe is offline   Reply With Quote