Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-26-2008, 02:39 AM   #1
MonaLS
Groupie
MonaLS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (Gen 1), Kindle DX, Kindle Fire, LG Enact
Smile Periscope Lighted Folio for Kindle: Available December

From the Periscope Light website: "A compact Kindle cover that also features a built-in retractable reading light, as well as notepad and pen holders. Ideal for reading at home or on the road, simply slip your Kindle into the custom designed holder, pull up the retractable, twin LED reading light, and begin reading in any low light environment - in bed, on a bus, train, or airplane, as well as in a car or conference room.

The Lighted Folio's built-in 5" x 8" notepad and pen holders makes it ideal for students and business users. The Periscope light is powered by three "AA" batteries (not included) that last at least 40 hours.

Pre-Order Today for delivery in December"

http://www.periscopelight.com/store/...tname=Products

How cool is that? It's exciting to see all the new products cropping up for the Kindle.
MonaLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 09:14 PM   #2
Rusty
Rusty began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just purchased my Kindle and I have been looking at the few covers that are out there now, and haven't seen anything that interested me till now. I really like the looks of the Periscope. May need to be on my Christmas list.

Rusty
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:08 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Looks useful
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm sure it works well ... but I can't help thinking of it as Borg-like.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #5
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Is the screen protected enough with that? I like it a lot other than the screen.
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Personally, I would prefer the notepad to be on the right since I'm right-handed.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
roa71@yahoo.com
roa71@yahoo.com began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
light

great idea. however, the light looks really bulky. the weight on the cover is 13 ounces plus, it will need 3 AA batteries.

like the concept, but would be better with something smaller like the XtraFlex2 light.

rick..
roa71@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
... and I want a cover with a custom-sized Light-wedge style light. The external light tend to scatter more & cover a wider area and therefore are more intrusive to others around you.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Yeah, I'm waiting for either a light wedge or something that will use a few less batteries. 3 AA for only 40 hours just doesn't sound like something I would find useful. And, it is a bit on the bulky side.

For now, I think I'll stick with my zipper case and clip on reading light.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote