Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
ereaders
Enthusiast
ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2
First impression of Sony T2

My T2 came to my front door within 48 hours.
Here are my feedback:
Pros
1. 6" screen better than 5" screen
2. physical buttons for me to go back to home or previous screen
3. easy to read screen (e-ink)
4. Wifi
5. Can be rooted for more option

Cons
1. Fragile screen (I will order a case to protect this baby)
2. Refresh rate is a bit slow (understandable)
3. Touch screen shut down is not at Home screen (ideal to have it as small icon on top)
4. Browser configuration option is limited (I cannot get on my college email)
5. Can only handle some of the PDF files. I have had dark screen for at least two PDF files and error screen for a book in PDF format. Now I convert all my PDF files to epub before loading it to T2.
6. It is not really a web browser friendly device (understandable).
ereaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #2
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Hello ereaders,

Regarding the first con points, are you feeling that way in comparison to the Mini? For example, is the screen more fragile or the refresh rate slower than the Mini?

I hope you have good times with your new device
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
ereaders
Enthusiast
ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ereaders ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
Hello ereaders,

Regarding the first con points, are you feeling that way in comparison to the Mini? For example, is the screen more fragile or the refresh rate slower than the Mini?

I hope you have good times with your new device
I have a tablet and I placed it in a case. Dropped the tablet a few times and it is still working fine.
When I hold the Sony T2, I felt that the screen will crack easily and I don't intend to try to drop it. I already returned the Kobo mini because it is a bit too small and has no physical buttons.
I think the speed of the two devices are almost the same.
ereaders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Thank you for the explanation. I see your point now, since what you like and dislike is in comparison to a tablet, not a Kobo Mini.
I hope you'll like it
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote