Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #61
sumpin
Enthusiast
sumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to behold

Device: down to just a PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Shameless plug: use Collections Manager. It also supports Calibre import / export
Hear, hear! What I did was a hack (that serves me well) but what ixtab did is a real solution.
sumpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:49 PM   #62
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
This might be a dumb question, but does this also work with the Kindle Paperwhite? Has someone tested it, or are there by now better alternatives?
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:42 PM   #63
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@cryzed: See the previous message. Collections Manager FTW .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #64
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, I was being a bit blind apparently!

Last edited by cryzed; 11-21-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #65
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@cryzed: It has been released, and, yes, it's nasty, but it can be applied more or less safely, while keeping a JailBreak, when doing it 'right'. Check the few threads about this, and, more specifically, the "Bridge" section of the JailBreak thread.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:25 PM   #66
sumpin
Enthusiast
sumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to beholdsumpin is a splendid one to behold

Device: down to just a PW4
The hack is dead, long live the hack

I have finally bitten the bullet and am now a happy user of the @ixtab collection manager and the @NiLuJe calibre kindle collections plug-in. With these tools and the cover display available on the PW, I am finally as happy with the collection management and look and feel on the Kindle as I was with my Nook ST and my ancient jailbroken Nook 1.
sumpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #67
cryzed
Evangelist

It would be really useful if the Collection Manager Kindlet was able to run in the background and react to certain events, i.e. a modified exported collections file from Calibre and would automatically start to update the collections on the Kindle -- but I suppose that is impossible?
Old 11-30-2012, 06:17 PM   #68
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryzed View Post
It would be really useful if the Collection Manager Kindlet was able to run in the background and react to certain events, i.e. a modified exported collections file from Calibre and would automatically start to update the collections on the Kindle -- but I suppose that is impossible?
correct.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #69
cryzed
Evangelist

Too bad, still thank you for the great Kindlet!

Tags
calibre, collections, kindle touch, sqlite3