Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
Droxer
Droxer began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M 90
Warranty/Screen malfunction for M 90

Hello guys!

I've been using my ereader for almost a year now ( I got it on 22 october actually). So some day, for no apparent reason the screen stopped working correctly. It shows almost a blank page with some dark lines. I live in Belgium and i wanna get it repaired using my warranty. Does anyone have any idea what i should do?

They don't have enough info on onyx-online, nor on arta tech.

Thank you !
Droxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxer View Post
Hello guys!

I've been using my ereader for almost a year now ( I got it on 22 october actually). So some day, for no apparent reason the screen stopped working correctly. It shows almost a blank page with some dark lines. I live in Belgium and i wanna get it repaired using my warranty. Does anyone have any idea what i should do?

Thank you !
https://www.onyx-boox.com/warranty-defect
Found this in 10 secs...
(But they shoud hire proofreader)
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #3
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Janek: onyx-boox.com is NOT Onyx, it's just a reseller using the Onyx name!

Droxer: you should go back to the shop where you bought your Onyx, they are primarily responsible for warranty claims.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:38 AM   #4
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetmolm View Post
Janek: onyx-boox.com is NOT Onyx, it's just a reseller using the Onyx name!

Droxer: you should go back to the shop where you bought your Onyx, they are primarily responsible for warranty claims.
Thank you for pointing these things, but apparently you didn't read Droxer's message. He writes that he bought from Artatech and onyx-boox.com is their store.
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #5
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Janek: I read that Droxer mentions Artatech in his post, but I do not read that he actually bought his reader there. But never mind, if your interpretation of his post is correct, your link is also right.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droxer View Post
Hello guys!

Thank you !
I assume I have bad news for you. It looks like the screen of your M90 is broken. Watch that video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPoT1pH65fA
Does your screen look similar?
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #7
Droxer
Droxer began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M 90
Hi guys, Thank you for your answers.

I got it for my birthday, and i know it was purchased on a german site. I will ask which one and write them, because they're probably taking care of problems like that, and not the onyx general shop. I mean i'm not gonna send my reader to poland to get it repared. That's kinda crazy.

I will post a screenshot later, but it's not the same kind of damage. I doubt the screen is broken, but we can never be sure. But if it happens to be broken, How can i get it repaired? Because of course, I don't wanna buy a new one, so even if i can't use the warranty i need to fix it.

Last edited by Droxer; 09-23-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Droxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
edryan
edryan began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I'm interested in the answer to Droxer's question as well. My M92 just started showing similar symptoms:
http://www.club.cc.cmu.edu/~epr/2012...-05-25_571.jpg

I got it in July. The vendor I bought it from appears to no longer be in business.

What are my options for warranty or repair service at this point? I'm not sure how the screen could have cracked, as I've kept it in its case and there hasn't been any trauma to it since I used it last night, but I guess that's what causes this problem.

Just like Droxer, I would prefer to repair it if warranty isn't an option. I've really liked my M92 and gave it a lot of use, but I'd have trouble justifying its high price again.
edryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by edryan View Post
I'm interested in the answer to Droxer's question as well. My M92 just started showing similar symptoms:
http://www.club.cc.cmu.edu/~epr/2012...-05-25_571.jpg

I got it in July. The vendor I bought it from appears to no longer be in business.

What are my options for warranty or repair service at this point? I'm not sure how the screen could have cracked, as I've kept it in its case and there hasn't been any trauma to it since I used it last night, but I guess that's what causes this problem.

Just like Droxer, I would prefer to repair it if warranty isn't an option. I've really liked my M92 and gave it a lot of use, but I'd have trouble justifying its high price again.
Hi,

the screen of your M92 is definitely broken.
We can repair it but it is quite expensive though.

Please contact our store for details.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote