Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 10-27-2007, 05:38 AM   #1
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
Quote:
Book Description
Dubliners is arguably the best-known and most influential collection of short stories written in English, and has been since its publication in 1914. Through what Joyce described as their "style of scrupulous meanness," the stories present a direct, sometimes searing view of Dublin in the early twentieth century. The text of this Norton Critical Edition is based on renowned Joyce scholar Hans Walter Gabler's edited text and includes his editorial notes and the introduction to his scholarly edition, which details and discusses Dubliners' complicated publication history.
lrf and html0 files included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbinder View Post
Here it is...
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: rar James Joyce - Dubliners.rar (364.3 KB, 1209 views)
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #2
godel10
Connoisseur
godel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't littergodel10 doesn't litter

Device: Sony Librie, Irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbinder View Post
Where is the link?
godel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please attach all files to the FIRST MESSAGE in a download thread. This makes life a lot easier for everyone.

We would appreciate it if you would edit your original message appropriately.

Thank you.

Moderator.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:22 AM   #4
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Is there some technical reason why a book would be uploaded in .rar format? I see it from time to time, but for me it just means this book isn't available. Just wondered if there was some reason it couldn't be uploaded in zip format which everybody has.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:44 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What browser are you using? Maybe you have something set incorrectly. I'm using Firefox and when I click on the attachment I get a requester asking to save it. Also, check in Windows Explorer as to what .rar is assigned to. Maybe it's set to auto-open and the app you have it assigned to is not working or is not handling .rar as an archive but some other content.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2007, 11:15 AM   #6
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
Is there some technical reason why a book would be uploaded in .rar format? I see it from time to time, but for me it just means this book isn't available. Just wondered if there was some reason it couldn't be uploaded in zip format which everybody has.

Jim
Some of us like RAR better than ZIP. I feel it does a superior job of compression and I have lost fewer RAR files over the years than I have lost ZIP files due to corruption.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:17 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

RAR does compress better than ZIP, but eBooks generally don't compress at all well. There's really no need to use any sort of compression, unless you're "packaging" together a number of files.

RAR decompressors are widely available for all popular operating systems. "WinRAR" is probably the most popular for Windows.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #8
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I guess I just wish if there weren't any real advantage to uploading them in RAR that people wouldn't. Surely the point in making books available is to make them available, not make them download software they don't have in order to decompress the book. I have a printed version of this book, but there have been a couple of others that I haven't had that I would have liked to download. Not enough to take on board more software that I'd hardly ever use again, though.
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

RAR is an EXTREMELY common compression format. Every internet user will come across it sooner or later; it's a very good idea to have a decompresser for it installed on your computer.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #10
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
even i have winrar

great book
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #11
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, FW:5.6.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please attach all files to the FIRST MESSAGE in a download thread. This makes life a lot easier for everyone.

We would appreciate it if you would edit your original message appropriately.

Thank you.

Moderator.

I need some assistance with that. I couldn't figure out how to do it.
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:19 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Edit the post with the attachment, click the "Go Advanced" button, then "Manage Attachments". Delete the attachment. Do the same thing with the first message in the thread, click "Manage Attachments" again and upload the attachment.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:50 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Problem solved. I just merged both posts into one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:56 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thank Jon - much appreciated.