Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
gewatson
gewatson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle,Iphone
Red face Automatic transfer books

I'm trying to find a way to get books automatically on the iphone (wake up and have books in ibooks for the commute)
It keeps asking me to 'auto convert before transferring books?'
I have set that option in preferences and chosen different convert formats to no avail!
Help anyone?
Thanks,
G
gewatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you set the default format to ePub (which is what iBooks needs)? The auto-convert option is normally only offered if your books are not already in that format.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, gewatson.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:13 PM   #4
gewatson
gewatson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle,Iphone
Yes

Thanks, I've got it set to epub. I think I see now. Mainly wanted it to auto download feeds. But I guess now, that some of them are in different formats and need converting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Have you set the default format to ePub (which is what iBooks needs)? The auto-convert option is normally only offered if your books are not already in that format.
gewatson is offline   Reply With Quote