Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
hoagie
hoagie began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
PE Broken Power Switch

I dropped my PE and the only casualty was a broken power switch. I just slides back and forth with no resistance or spring back. I opened it up and it looks like that could be something missing between the plastic switch on the case and the component on the mother board that must actually make the contact. Any idea what it is and if there is a way to get a new one.

Also any pictures of a working switch mechanism would be helpful.

Thanks

Hoagie
hoagie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #2
nexxus
nexxus began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Kindle5, Kindle DX, Sony T2, Kobo Aura HD, Yotaphone 2
Smile

This post could be useful to you.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131498

Good luck with your PE ;/
nexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoagie View Post
I dropped my PE and the only casualty was a broken power switch. I just slides back and forth with no resistance or spring back. I opened it up and it looks like that could be something missing between the plastic switch on the case and the component on the mother board that must actually make the contact. Any idea what it is and if there is a way to get a new one.

Also any pictures of a working switch mechanism would be helpful.

Thanks

Hoagie
Exactly what is broken? Is it the plastic part of the metal switch soldered in the circuit board, or is it the plastic part that operates that switch.

If it is the metal switch then go to https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=switch&page=9 post #135 for pictures and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...switch&page=10 post #142 for the part. The de and re soldering is up to you.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:36 PM   #4
n6pfk
n6pfk began at the beginning.

Device: none
cable release

Anyone have any info on how to release the cables easily so as to not break them?
n6pfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by n6pfk View Post
Anyone have any info on how to release the cables easily so as to not break them?
First thing you must remember is to NOT PULL ON THE WIRES.

The cables made up of discrete wires have plugs. If necessary use a small flat screwdriver to lever the ends a little at a time until you can lift the plug free.

Flat printed cable sockets may have a lock clip that retains the cable. In that case you have to carefully slide the the lock away from the socket - it moves only one or two millimetre. If there isn't a lock clip then the cable will have reinforcing which you grip and use to pul the cable free.

With flat printed cables it is advisable to mark which way up they are.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote