Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Amazon wishlist change

During the last day or so Amazon.co.uk has changed how its website looks, changing the appearance of things like the buttons on product pages, fonts and other aesthetic aspects. That's fine. What I don't like so much is that on my wish-list pages now they've removed the search capability, which is really annoying, and have also made it so that your items are in one continuous list that continually expands. It was much easier when your items were on distinct pages, which were navigable to and away from. For me, it made it easier to find things because I knew roughly where they were. Anyway, I know this is all just personal opinion, but I was wondering whether anyone else had noticed this and what you're thoughts are?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:23 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Yes! I hate that forever expanding 'page' that Amazon has been doing here in the US.
There are links in the footer, if you can arrive there long enough to use them.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2017, 12:39 PM   #3
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
You may be able to use a javascript blocker add-on, e.g. "ScriptSafe" in Chrome browser, to shut down their ever-expanding list. On some websites this works, on others you end up shutting down access to the later items in your list. So you have to try it an see. Amazon uses javascript pretty heavily, so you have to be a semi-expert to figure out what can be blocked and what can't. @theducks reports that there is evidently a navigation option in the footer of the webpage, if you can scroll down there fast enough to get ahead of the ever-expansion stuff. You might be able to block the ever-expansion with a properly configured javascript blocker, then easily jump down to the footer for navigation from there. But there's a chance that if you block the stuff that causes the ever-expand, then that same stuff might also control the footer navigation. You just have to try it and see what you can accomplish.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
During the last day or so Amazon.co.uk has changed how its website looks, changing the appearance of things like the buttons on product pages, fonts and other aesthetic aspects. That's fine. What I don't like so much is that on my wish-list pages now they've removed the search capability, which is really annoying, and have also made it so that your items are in one continuous list that continually expands. It was much easier when your items were on distinct pages, which were navigable to and away from. For me, it made it easier to find things because I knew roughly where they were. Anyway, I know this is all just personal opinion, but I was wondering whether anyone else had noticed this and what you're thoughts are?
The progressive-load change was made some months ago. I still see ‘Find items across your lists’. The thing I miss is a filter for ‘items with price drops’, though here also you can use browser search for ‘price dropped’.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
I can now no longer buy kindle books directly from my wishlists either, which is really annoying.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2017, 01:43 PM   #6
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
I can now no longer buy kindle books directly from my wishlists either, which is really annoying.
???

I appear to be able to (although I haven't actually tried - I usually open the item from the Wishlist, then buy it from its individual page).

Here's a screenshot from my Wishlist:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wishlist.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	159859  
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:33 PM   #7
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:

I don't use a generic "wishlist."
I use specific (category) alphabetized lists for each type item.

I have (right now) 196 of them.

Much easier to keep things organized that way.
If I am looking for an item I set a search up, pick out likely selections and put them in an appropriate list.

This method saves me a lot of time.

If I already have a list for a certain category I peruse it first, and then if I have time I might browse a bit to see if anything better.

Then of course there is the archived "Bought Items List." Using this is the quickest way to get something you want.

I do also have in the (wait til later) part of the CART items that I have delayed or I had second thoughts about.

Method, method, method, ...
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote