Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
So... Are we calling this "Done" for now?

I would like to trace the spurious "Unable to launch application error" - do you get that on the touch?

I'm right in the middle of the KUAL testing but will shove this on the "To Test" pile for afterwards if you didn't get that on the touch.

Maybe shove together a few use cases?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #17
PaulFreund
PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
So... Are we calling this "Done" for now?
Unfortunately we can't right now, the bash addition causes the app to close regulary, but I am looking into this right now.

Quote:
I would like to trace the spurious "Unable to launch application error" - do you get that on the touch?
Nope :X Has it been there all the time or did it come with the last version?

Quote:
I'm right in the middle of the KUAL testing but will shove this on the "To Test" pile for afterwards if you didn't get that on the touch.

Maybe shove together a few use cases?
That would be nice, I think thats a job for when these things are done. One addition I'd also like to make is a horizontal setting
PaulFreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #18
PaulFreund
PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.PaulFreund understands the importance of being earnest.

Small addition: I just found out there has to be a way to fetch events from powerd! it is in the file /usr/share/webkit-1.0/pillow/javascripts/simple_alert_config.js I hope I get this soon.

EDIT:

Found out the command and syntax!

Code:
nativeBridge.subscribeToEvent(appID, appEvent)
where appID is "com.lab126.powerd" and appEvent is for example "outOfScreenSaver"

Now I only have to find out how to catch this

Last edited by PaulFreund; 04-09-2013 at 11:22 AM. Reason: New findings
Old 04-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There the whole time on the PW. I will investigate the logs then when the time comes.
I did mention it I reckon in passing.

I did note it died from Time to Time - good to know you are on that.

Excellent work on the js based event thing. I shall leave it in your capable hands then until such a time as it requires indexing. Or I get this KUAL thing tied down with the team and time becomes available again.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #20
PaulFreund

After trying to register an invalid dbus listener the app started to crash on launch for me, maybe it has something to do with the dbus-monitor function. But I hope we won't need it anymore in a couple of minutes, I can already listen to onCharging ;D
Advert
Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #21
twobob

ROCK HANDS!

Be glad to see the back of it.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #22
PaulFreund

As described here I found out how to receive system messages ! (it's very likely those are from DBUS)

And I now know why your code is working. At least on my Kindle Touch the power goingToScreenSaver doesnt get fired when preventScreenSaver is set to 1. Probably this behaviour is different on the paperWhite. Could you verify this with "dbus-monitor --system" on your PW?
Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #23
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulFreund View Post
As described here I found out how to receive system messages ! (it's very likely those are from DBUS)
Just for clarification: in fact, LIPC subsystem (that custom thing supporting properties and events for interprocess communication) is just a thin wrapper around of D-Bus.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Hmm...
I wonder where they got the name: Lite InterProcess Communications (LIPC) ?
Duh...
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #25
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think, L stands for Lab126, but, yeah, IPC is most likely "interprocess communication"
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #26
PaulFreund

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Just for clarification: in fact, LIPC subsystem (that custom thing supporting properties and events for interprocess communication) is just a thin wrapper around of D-Bus.
Good to know, didn't occur to me
Old 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #27
PaulFreund

If somebody wants to test if he gets the goingToScreenSaver event with WebLaunch, include
Code:
var appName = 'com.PaulFreund.WebLaunch';

pillowHelper.RequestStatusBarEvent(
	appName, 
	'com.lab126.powerd', 
	'goingToScreenSaver'
);

pillowHelper.RegisterStatusBarEventCallback(
	appName, 
	function(value) 
	{
		document.write(JSON.stringify(value));
	}
);
after

Code:
var sessionSettings = settings;
and

Code:
return;
after

Code:
//-------------------------------------------------------------
// Open application
function openApp(state)
{
and

Code:
pillowHelper.UnRegisterStatusBarEventCallback(appName);
after

Code:
//-------------------------------------------------------------
// restore status bar on close
function closeApp() 
{
Then all events that are collected by the statusbar will show up and hopefully to goingToScreenSaver event too.
To test please press the power button while preventScreenSaver set to 0 or to 1

Last edited by PaulFreund; 04-09-2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 04-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #28
twobob

If you push that up I'll happily grab a build and abuse it... Err I mean test it.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #29
PaulFreund

Quote:
If you push that up I'll happily grab a build and abuse it... Err I mean test it.
Thanks, I pushed the new version to github, or did you mean including the debug changes?
Old 04-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #30
twobob

I'll go see what is there.

Tags
launcher add-ons, mesquite, webapp