Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-20-2017, 09:48 AM   #1
rikm
rikm began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
annoying popups

good morning all, is there any way to disable the popup boxes that show up when reading?

a quick search in this forum didn't yield anything but discussions of the various dictionary languages...I have unchecked all the languages and now the popup tells me that it has no dictionary, which is just as annoying as when it was offering me unwanted definitions for common words...

any help appreciated,

thanks,

rikm
rikm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikm View Post
good morning all, is there any way to disable the popup boxes that show up when reading?

a quick search in this forum didn't yield anything but discussions of the various dictionary languages...I have unchecked all the languages and now the popup tells me that it has no dictionary, which is just as annoying as when it was offering me unwanted definitions for common words.
That shouldn't happen. It should only popup a dictionary definition for words you long press, not randomly or on a simple tap.

Are you sure your touch screen isn't on the fritz?
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 05:54 AM   #3
rikm
rikm began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
annoying popups

good morning mbovenka and thanks for the reply, but the 'long press' seems to take an appropriate amount of time for other things...to select a book from the list with the options popup for instance...

the dictionary popup seems to appear with words and phrases highlighted after an inadvertent brush of a finger...

just upgraded the firmware to .9995 on my KA1, don't see any way to adjust the 'long press' in there...but then if this is not happening for anyone else, maybe it's just my handling of the device while reading...a fat finger typo thing

...seems overly sensitive about it tho...

thanks again,

rikm
rikm is offline   Reply With Quote