Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2018, 01:35 PM   #406
samor23
Junior Member
samor23 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2018
Device: ipad
is this plugin still working?
samor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #407
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DiapDealer's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,843
Karma: 97805504
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samor23 View Post
is this plugin still working?
Yes it is. It doesn't work for KFX, but it works just fine otherwise (except for the rare glitchy Kindlebook).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2018, 06:35 AM   #408
samor23
Junior Member
samor23 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Feb 2018
Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yes it is. It doesn't work for KFX, but it works just fine otherwise (except for the rare glitchy Kindlebook).
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
samor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #409
booknut1
Junior Member
booknut1 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2018
Device: PDF to read on computer
I would like to print out a Kindle ebook that I purchased. Since there is no way to do this on the Kindle app, I remembered that I once used Calibre to convert a Kindle book I purchased to epub so I could read it more easily on my iPad. That was a long time ago and I had to re-install Calibre.

I found KindleUnpack on their list of plugins and installed it. I restarted Calibre (and my computer). But when I try to use the plugin, I see a red lock and the functions of the plugin are greyed out.

I can't find anything on google or on the Calibre help site that explains why a plugin I installed from their own list (and which had a green checkmark on it) now has a red lock on it and is not working. I also deleted the plugin and reinstalled it (then restarted Calibre) to make sure it was installed correctly.

Please help, I want to print out parts of the book because I am making a study guide for a test I'm taking this weekend! Thanks!

Last edited by booknut1; 04-24-2018 at 05:13 PM. Reason: clarity
booknut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #410
Chicago Charles
Junior Member
Chicago Charles began at the beginning.
 
Chicago Charles's Avatar
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
Device: Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut1 View Post
I would like to print out a Kindle ebook that I purchased. Since there is no way to do this on the Kindle app, I remembered that I once used Calibre to convert a Kindle book I purchased to epub so I could read it more easily on my iPad. That was a long time ago and I had to re-install Calibre.

I found KindleUnpack on their list of plugins and installed it. I restarted Calibre (and my computer). But when I try to use the plugin, I see a red lock and the functions of the plugin are greyed out.

I can't find anything on google or on the Calibre help site that explains why a plugin I installed from their own list (and which had a green checkmark on it) now has a red lock on it and is not working. I also deleted the plugin and reinstalled it (then restarted Calibre) to make sure it was installed correctly.

Please help, I want to print out parts of the book because I am making a study guide for a test I'm taking this weekend! Thanks!
I think you have the wrong plugin; you need to remove the DRM protection from your Kindle book(s). Here's detailed instructions on how to do that:

Remove the DRM From Amazon Kindle Books

Note that you'll need to remove any Kindle books from Calibre and add them back after installing the plugin in order to remove the DRM.

Once you've removed the DRM, you can print the Kindle book(s) to .PDF files from within the Calibre reading app, or convert them to a variety of formats, including .EPUB and .PDF.

Hope this helped!
Chicago Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-24-2018, 05:36 PM   #411
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DiapDealer's Avatar
 
Posts: 18,843
Karma: 97805504
Join Date: Jan 2010
Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The red lock only means that the ebook you're trying to work with is protected with DRM. The KindleUnpack plugin can only work with DRM-Free Kindlebooks.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 05:51 PM   #412
booknut1
Junior Member
booknut1 began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 2
Karma: 10
Join Date: Apr 2018
Device: PDF to read on computer
I tried Apprentice Alf's plugin, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with this version of Calibre. The version I am using doesn't appear to allow me to add my own plugins. It only let me choose them from a list.

If there is a way to add my own plugin, I can't figure it out.

Thanks!

Update: I figured it out...by opening the readme. I remember how things work. ��Thanks everyone, and good to know about what Kindle Unpack is for. As someone not familiar with all of this, I couldn't really tell from their description.

Last edited by booknut1; 04-24-2018 at 06:09 PM.
booknut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:07 PM   #413
Chicago Charles
Junior Member
Chicago Charles began at the beginning.
 
Chicago Charles's Avatar
 
Posts: 5
Karma: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
Device: Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booknut1 View Post
I tried Apprentice Alf's plugin, but it doesn't seem to be compatible with this version of Calibre. The version I am using doesn't appear to allow me to add my own plugins. It only let me choose them from a list.

If there is a way to add my own plugin, I can't figure it out.

Thanks!
I don't know what "this version of Calibre" is, but I highly recommend getting the latest version from here.

Older versions are not going to support the multitude of changes that have been made, including the ability to remove DRM.

UPDATE:

Your calibre version number should appear in the lower-left corner of the screen:


To add the plugin, go to Preferences > Advanced > Plugins:


Once there, click on "Load plugin from file":


Note that you don't click on "Get new plugins".

The detailed instructions are at the link I first posted: Remove the DRM From Amazon Kindle Books. If you follow those instructions, and the instructions for the plugin (read the ReadMe files), you should be good to go.

Last edited by Chicago Charles; 04-24-2018 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Add more info
Chicago Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mobi2mobi

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[GUI Plugin] EpubSplit JimmXinu Plugins 280 09-22-2018 01:06 PM
[GUI Plugin] EpubMerge JimmXinu Plugins 322 09-19-2018 02:21 PM
[GUI Plugin] Open With kiwidude Plugins 332 08-31-2018 08:54 AM
[GUI Plugin] Ex Libris AlPe Plugins 75 09-13-2017 04:28 PM
[GUI Plugin] Plugin Updater **Deprecated** kiwidude Plugins 159 06-19-2011 12:27 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:43 PM.


MobileRead.com is a privately owned, operated and funded community.