Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-04-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
odedta
Addict
odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.

Device: iPad
ePub SMIL Validation

Hello,

I have created a sample ePub with a media overlay. I would like to get it validated using EpubCheck as well but I seem to get an error that I don't know how to fix.
Error:
Quote:
ERROR: ePubMediaOverlaysExample.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(20,13): assertion failed: global media:duration meta element not set
I have attached the sample.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: epub ePubMediaOverlaysExample.epub (598.2 KB, 115 views)
odedta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
You need to add:

Code:
<meta property="media:duration">0:04:12.000</meta>
to your content.opf.

See "3.5.2 Media Overlays Metadata Vocabulary": http://www.idpf.org/epub/30/spec/epu...ckage-metadata where it says:

Quote:
Description: The duration of the entire presentation or of a specific Media Overlay. The specified durations account for the audio clips known at authoring time, and so exclude live streaming from external resources and speech synthesis.
Cardinality: Exactly one for the Publication and for each Media Overlay.

Last edited by AlPe; 01-04-2014 at 04:16 PM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2014, 04:16 AM   #3
odedta
Addict
odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.odedta read the news today, oh boy.

Device: iPad
I see, thank you!
odedta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:17 AM   #4
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
You are welcome. You can find stuff related to reflowable, EPUB3 Audio-eBooks with Media Overlays here: http://www.readbeyond.it/

Last edited by AlPe; 06-12-2015 at 05:16 AM.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote