Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 09:58 AM   #1
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Poetry in Motion

This game went for years on another forum. It consists of poetry - anything from haiku, doggerel, limerics, to fullblown epics - which starts using THE LAST THREE WORDS of the previous poem.

To start you off - here's a poem from 2008.

Come on down to my house
and I'll let you play
with anything your heart desires
as long as you will stay.

So down he went to her house,
and played for hour on hour
upon her son's computer,
until she cut the power.
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Cut the power now
Before the fire begins
Where is the water?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2011, 04:12 AM   #3
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is the water drinkable?
My mother used to ask.
To test the water of the town
was dad's initial task.

When moving to New Zealand
he tasted H2O
and if it didn't pass the test
to another town we'd go.

Now we have water filters
to clean the local drink,
so cruddy sludge and chemicals
don't get into the sink.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit

Into the sink go the dishes,
into their beds go the kids,
into our bed goes my husband,
I wouldn't be single for quids!

For reading in bed is a pleasure,
and double the pleasure for two,
as we quote from our own ebook readers,
I love my white Kobo, don't you?

Last edited by Joybells; 08-26-2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: to highlight
Old 08-26-2011, 11:07 AM   #5
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Kobo don't you fail
The storm is drawing closer
Reading is a must!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Kobo, don't you jump that fence
You really should not go
I've never seen a mutt so dense
He really takes the show
I called him once to come on back
He ignored my bloody calls
But when he jumped that barbed wire fence
He lost his bloody balls

Last edited by wannabee; 08-26-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Oops....took too long
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit

His bloody balls were flying
He'd juggled all the day
his hands were tired, his nerves were wired,
please take the pain away.

His bleeding hands threw upward,
the balls kept coming down,
to juggle with three hand grenades
was bound to gain renown.

Last edited by Joybells; 08-26-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: to highlight
Old 08-26-2011, 10:52 PM   #8
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
To gain renown, that was his goal
he worked t'ward all year long.
But when the year came to an end,
Oblivion was strong.

No one had memorized his face,
no media told his story,
So he decided there and then
to write a tale so gory...

Vampire and werewolf fans would line
the streets to get his book.
There was just one obstacle
It only came for Nook!

*Disclaimer - I don't have anything against Nook, I think they're cool devices, but I ran out of rhymes!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #9
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Came for nook you say
I have just one more left

I'll wrap it for you right away
But they are not the best

Last edited by wannabee; 08-27-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #10
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
"Not the best" he warned me
before I took it home,
but what he didn't dare advise
was that it's prone to roam!

This wouldn't be an issue,
I really wouldn't mind.
The neighbors might have problems, though
they're probably not resigned...

To having wandering garden gnomes
residing on their lawn,
But I can't stand to keep him home,
with all he's undergone!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:40 AM   #11
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit

All he's undergone
and all he's overcome,
I sigh to see him crying as -
he longs to be at home.

Your gnome is far from Gnomeland
and lonely as can be,
so go to town and buy another
gnome, or two or three.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:40 AM   #12
wannabee
Media Bloke

Two or three live by the pond
Each sporting a painted beard
A pointed cap and curly shoes
They really look quite weird

Older than I, those plaster beings
have graced this world I know
From grand da's garden and memories dear
His garden continues to grow
Old 08-28-2011, 10:50 PM   #13
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit

continues to grow and thrive it does,
that strange blue plant.
It smells quite sweet, its textures rough,
its fruit has skin that'd oddly tough,
the flesh is satisfying enough
but though it grows and grows and grows,
warm to it I can't.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #14
wannabee
Media Bloke

It, I can't speak of it
I want nothing to do with it.
The shape of it, the make of it, the sake of it.
I dwell on it, the smell of it, to hell with it.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:38 AM   #15
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit

Hell with it, and hell without,
Addiction is a bind.
The cure for ebook reading
lies all within the mind.