Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #91
Korri
Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3
Hi guys,

Sorry my website (http://www.kindle-screensavers.com/) was having some problems, but it should be working well now. If you need a place to host you screensaver don't hesitate.

And btw you can upload any colored image (it has to be larger then the targeted kindle resolution), it will be converted to grayscale and resize it.

If you have any improvement idea, or any question fell free to ask.
Korri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #92
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool uploading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korri View Post
Hi guys,

Sorry my website (http://www.kindle-screensavers.com/) was having some problems, but it should be working well now. If you need a place to host you screensaver don't hesitate.

And btw you can upload any colored image (it has to be larger then the targeted kindle resolution), it will be converted to grayscale and resize it.

If you have any improvement idea, or any question fell free to ask.
i have slightly over 220 kindle self made screensavers that your site may have:

1. if i can upload them in a single upload
2. they are almost all authors that i have in my library 'cept for a handful of others
3. all the photos used were downloaded from the web so i have no idea other than that fact about rights
4. i took so long i forgot #4
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #93
JDK1962
Groupie
JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (for PDFs)
Quote:
Still not working. Tried to upload something, just got the "Sorry, something went wrong screen." Not a helpful error screen.
JDK1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #94
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yeah, I'm getting an internal server error too.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:15 PM   #95
Korri
Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Korri knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDK1962 View Post
Still not working. Tried to upload something, just got the "Sorry, something went wrong screen." Not a helpful error screen.
Thx for your "report", thx to wich I finally fixed this bug. Everything should be working now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
Yeah, I'm getting an internal server error too.
This was the result of the bug described up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
i have slightly over 220 kindle self made screensavers that your site may have:

1. if i can upload them in a single upload
2. they are almost all authors that i have in my library 'cept for a handful of others
3. all the photos used were downloaded from the web so i have no idea other than that fact about rights
4. i took so long i forgot #4
I'll think about a way to upload a zip containing a lot of screensavers, but you'll still have to write description (keyswords and categories ans source could be shared by all of them, but description must be individual in order to keep a minimum of quality).
Korri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #96
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool the name of the jpg is the description.

Quote:
I'll think about a way to upload a zip containing a lot of screensavers, but you'll still have to write description (keyswords and categories ans source could be shared by all of them, but description must be individual in order to keep a minimum of quality).
you can have them the way they are if you want them. if not never mind. the name of the jpg is the description.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #97
thayerwilliams
thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.thayerwilliams is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
I've put together 66 fantasy and nautical themed screensavers:

http://cinderwick.ca/blog/2011/06/ki...tasy-nautical/

Cheers
thayerwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #98
j0rdan
j0rdan began at the beginning.

Hi Guys, some really good images in here, thought I would just contribute what I did for mine today.

I have a Space pack and a Games Pack, so may not be to everyones taste.
Some of the space scenes show up really well on the kindle screen.

All files are in the two .zips attached, they are all greyscale png file at 600x800

The attached images are just samples, Space.zip contains a total of 8 images, and Games.zip has 32.

Hope you like them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shuttle01.png
Views:	315
Size:	457.6 KB
ID:	73124   Click image for larger version

Name:	space01.png
Views:	304
Size:	348.5 KB
ID:	73125   Click image for larger version

Name:	AssasinsCreed01.png
Views:	415
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	73126   Click image for larger version

Name:	halo01.png
Views:	264
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	73127   Click image for larger version

Name:	princeOfPersia02.png
Views:	272
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	73128  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Space.zip (3.12 MB, 226 views)
File Type: zip Games.zip (6.20 MB, 201 views)
j0rdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:49 AM   #99
Gvaz
Gvaz began at the beginning.

My favorite are the ones with no writing like "slide button to go back to reading" text on it
Gvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:42 PM   #100
samuelcahn
samuelcahn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3.1
Everything worked for me, but the screensaver just stays on one picture. I have about 13 .png pictures I put in the screensaver file, and I put them in alphabetical order so they'd play in the order I wanted them to be–files are Aabby, Aaemily, Bemily…and so on…but only the first picture shows up and doesn’t switch to the next. I restarted twice…nothing. Help? Thanks
samuelcahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #101
Gvaz
Gvaz began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayerwilliams View Post
I've put together 66 fantasy and nautical themed screensavers:

http://cinderwick.ca/blog/2011/06/ki...tasy-nautical/

Cheers
Do you have one without the sleep bar?
Gvaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #102
narflet
narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.narflet can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gvaz View Post
My favorite are the ones with no writing like "slide button to go back to reading" text on it
Mine too. I've been making lots of screensavers at the moment. Here's 4, made from the wallpapers you can download at coraline.com. I like patterns for screensavers, I think they look really effective.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	02131979.png
Views:	311
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	73634   Click image for larger version

Name:	09529699.png
Views:	298
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	73635   Click image for larger version

Name:	42220439.png
Views:	331