Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 05-05-2019, 08:59 AM   #1
lednaw
lednaw began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Likebook Mars battery concern

Hi everyone,

I bought a Likebook Mars few days ago, I must say I really like this device. Nevertheless I'm concerned about the battery life of it:

When I'm using it with WiFi activated and browsing the web, the battery loses 20% in less than an hour... Is that normal, as the device is completely new?
When I compare it to my android phone, I do get much more time on screen with my phone than with the Mars, and both devices have similar battery capacity. I was thinking that the e-ink screen technology would save a lot of hours on screen, compared to a normal lcd screen device.

I do need to decide in the next 5 days, if I want to keep my Likebook Mars or returned it.
Thank you for your help!
lednaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:29 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Browsing sucks battery. I would say that's normal. Try only reading. Battery life should be much longer.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
I'm not normally surfing on my device, but 20% in less than an hour does seem a bit excessive to me. I do get more of a drop in battery when I occasionally leave wifi on, of course. Coincidentally, I forgot today that I had left wifi on and syncing running (which is generally quite an energy drain), and my battery dropped about 12% per hour - however with screen off.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:28 PM   #4
lednaw
lednaw began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Thank you for your answers!

@franzli I'm even more suprised, that the screen would take so much battery... I'm a little bit skeptical about the battery life of the Likebook Mars let's say in 2 or 3 years of use.
lednaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, likebook, mars