Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-07-2018, 08:52 AM   #1
GeckoFriend
Fanatic
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus7, Samsung Tab Pro Galaxy 10.1, iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4
Update Doesn't "Stick"

I recently switched from a Windows 10 PC to a MacBook Pro with HighSierra operating system and am having trouble updating calibre.

I downloaded and installed the 3.27 update yesterday and everything seemed fine and the version number on the left was 3.27. When I restarted calibre today the version had reverted to 3.23. What am I doing wrong?
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:11 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you likely have two calibre installs on your system. On macOS an install is just a folder ending in .app

search your computer for calibre.app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #3
GeckoFriend
Fanatic
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I found only one calibre.app and it opened version 3.23. What do I need to do to install the new version?
Old 07-07-2018, 05:34 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Glo HD, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Why not uninstall calibre and then reinstall the newest version. Your settings / library will not be affected by the uninstall / reinstall.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 06:12 PM   #5
GeckoFriend
Fanatic

Thanks; I'll try that.
Advert