Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-01-2023, 02:06 PM   #1
didsbury
didsbury began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Boox Tab Mini C

Hi just bought this to read books obviously, but I also wanted to run some other software.

One of these is Alexa but it won't install. I get:

"This item is not compatible with this device"

Any owners tried this?
didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 02:16 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Got a direct link to the apk?
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2023, 09:23 PM   #3
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
From the Play Store it won't let you install it (I don't know why), but you can do it by downloading the .apk from somewhere else. I installed it just to test it and in principle it works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexa1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	307.3 KB
ID:	203500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexa2.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	345.2 KB
ID:	203501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexa3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	203502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexa4.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	203503  

Last edited by cellaris; 09-02-2023 at 12:05 AM.
cellaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:48 PM   #4
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Another option may be to install it from the Amazon App Store.
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 10:25 AM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by didsbury View Post
"This item is not compatible with this device"

Any owners tried this?
I have experienced this same issue on the Tab Ultra C with a paid Japanese hiking map app that I like and that works perfectly on my Nova 3 C. Was looking forward to using the app on the Tab Ultra C due to its better colour screen and increased screen real estate. I messaged Boox, including a link to the app, about this, but haven't heard back.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.yamatokogen

Not sure why it doesn't work on the Tab Ultra C as most of my other regular apps work fine on it.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2023, 11:23 AM   #6
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm sure the logcat will give you some more info.
Just note the exact time you attempt to install and correlate it with the logcat.
Code:
$ logcat
Old 09-02-2023, 01:01 PM   #7
didsbury
didsbury began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Thanks for the suggestions

I have downloaded an APK and installed it. It seems to be be working OK.
Now I'm trying to enable show mode on it. Sorry I guess this is off-topic for this forum.
didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 05:26 PM   #8
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
I'm sure the logcat will give you some more info.
Just note the exact time you attempt to install and correlate it with the logcat.
Code:
$ logcat
Sorry, that's all Greek to me. But much obliged all the same.

However, I sideloaded the app, and it seems to be working fine. I was able to download the maps which I had already purchased on another device. They look wonderful on the bigger screen. Very pleased.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 03:04 PM   #9
eReader fan
Addict
eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.eReader fan has top level security clearance to Area 51.

Device: Onyx Nova pro and Hisense A2 pro
This MUST be a nice device, but despite it, me, like many others, I am not going to buy it since it lowers to a reasonable prices. Colour eInk it is not the motivation for this price. Hisense is selling colour eInk phones since many time ago, and their prices had nothing to do with this device.

Tab C uses kaleido 3, but this is as new now as the colour eInk technology was when Hisense launched their colour eInk phones.
eReader fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 04:47 PM   #10
Renate
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Sorry, that's all Greek to me.
If you're going to push the outer edges of utility for your device you really should become conversant with ADB and the Linux shell. Not that you have to be able to understand all the gobble-dee-gook that your device spits out yourself, but at least to be able to collect for people who want to fix things.

Do you have ADB working? Have you used it?