Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
clambert
clambert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Suggestion For Future Release Of Calibre

Calibre is an unbelievable product. As soon as my wife finds another job I'm definitely donating. I can't believe how power this application is.

I've only been using the software for a couple days and I'm struggling to find anything that I don't like or that is missing. However, there is one thing I thing that would be useful and probably quite easy to implement... Web Searching.

It would be nice if you could right click on any Title and in the context menu have an option for Web Searching. In there you could have options like Search Author of Wikipedia, Search Author on Amazon, Search Author on Google Books, Search Title on Amazon, Search Title on Google Books.

Even better, allow you to have some control of what search sites shows up in the context by toggling them in the Preferences. That way if search sites are created that people don't care about they will not be visible.

Just an idea. Take it for what it's worth. Not everyone will agree, that's fine. I just find myself going to these sites regularly when playing in my database.

Keep up the GREAT work!
clambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yeah, it's on the TODO list, only so many hours in the day however
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
goodscoolwf
goodscoolwf began at the beginning.

Device: none
Good idea! keep it up...
goodscoolwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:40 PM   #4
clambert
clambert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
No rush. I hope people are donating if they use this.

I couldn't continue to use this software with a clear conscious without donating (because it is that good). I was going to wait until the wife got a job but I think we can swing $20.

Thanks again for you hard work.
clambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #5
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
$20 dollars is what I donated (the average price of the shareware I was looking at and rejected).
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Thanks, for the donation and the kind words
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote