Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
richmgray
richmgray began at the beginning.

Device: itouch
Mobi (no DRM) fails to convert to epub

I have have some mobipocket books that I have been converting to epub. There is no DRM (removed -- with a plugin). For most I have had no problems at all, but I am having a few of them that "fail to convert".
What is interesting is it is a set of books (series) and half convert (4 of 6) and half will not. I can view the book with the Ebook Viewer. What do I need to do?
richmgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by richmgray View Post
I have have some mobipocket books that I have been converting to epub. There is no DRM (removed -- with a plugin). For most I have had no problems at all, but I am having a few of them that "fail to convert".
What is interesting is it is a set of books (series) and half convert (4 of 6) and half will not. I can view the book with the Ebook Viewer. What do I need to do?
In the past I have seen some people report this problem and it always seemed to be caused by a mobi file that the drm wasn't perfectly removed. Sometimes mobidedrm doesn't do a complete job, some bytes are still encrypted.

I don't have a solution just an observation. Maybe you can ensure you are using the latest scripts to remove the drm.

Good Luck
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert