Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
Newsman
Newsman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
The Washington Post Newsfeed Stopped Downloading Today

Tries to work for about 20 minutes, then quits with an error message.

The RSS feed works fine in Firefox.

Last edited by Newsman; 10-17-2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added info
Newsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 03:38 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What error message?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2017, 11:52 PM   #3
Newsman
Newsman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Sorry, I did not save it, but it contained a lot of lines of 'connection failed', as it worked its way through the various news headings. Not being a programmer, I am just assuming that it was downloading the RSS feed, which I also have on my computer and seems identical, and which I was having no trouble with.

However, after 2 days of no downloads to calibre--today, things returned to normal. I tried creating a recipe yesterday from just the WaPo National stories RSS feed, and it, too failed, while I was having no trouble getting it to work in Firefox.

Just want to add that I am blown away by this capability of calibre. I can download news from several of my favorite sources, and read them like a newspaper while commuting to work. Thanks for calibre!
Newsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:49 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote