Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 PM   #34381
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
There are shoofly pies, and then there are shoofly pies! In other words, there are about a zillion different recipes. I come from the central PA area around Lancaster, where the Pennsylvania Dutch love this pie. I haven't always cared for it, but I have a recipe now that I enjoy --- but it is so intense that you have to share the pie with 12-16 others. (This said by a gal who can polish off a third of a cherry-cranberry pie in one sitting) My shoofly recipe has blackstrap molasses in it, making it a dark bottomed and intensely flavored pie. Good stuff!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #34382
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Pondering words I don't like...

Batchelorette. Why has spinster become such a bad word they had to cool up the term?
Stewardess. Just don't like it
Maid. When referring to housekeeping. They are rarely maids.

Words I do like....

Bollox! Phooey!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:20 PM   #34383
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
There are shoofly pies, and then there are shoofly pies! In other words, there are about a zillion different recipes. I come from the central PA area around Lancaster, where the Pennsylvania Dutch love this pie. I haven't always cared for it, but I have a recipe now that I enjoy --- but it is so intense that you have to share the pie with 12-16 others. (This said by a gal who can polish off a third of a cherry-cranberry pie in one sitting) My shoofly recipe has blackstrap molasses in it, making it a dark bottomed and intensely flavored pie. Good stuff!
Yeah, I was afraid the molasses would be too strong for a first timer like me, lol! I used golden syrup.

I got the recipe from somebody on ravelry who said it was her grandmother's recipe and that it always got rave reviews. I have no idea if it tastes like it's supposed to, but it's pretty good. She said her grandmother used a golden syrup called Turkey Syrup, but all I was able to find was Golden Eagle syrup.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #34384
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
"Supposed to" taste is all in the baker's preference! I've rarely tasted two that were alike.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:29 PM   #34385
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
writing a short paper for one of my classes pretty upset with CBTL at the moment
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:46 AM   #34386
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Rumpelteazer - the Gardens are beautiful and you got some great pictures. I love some of the single flower pictures.

Betty - I haven't ever found a shoofly pie that I liked. I didn't know there were so many different kinds, so maybe I haven't one that I would like. Did you like it?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 03:02 AM   #34387
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Rumpelteazer - the Gardens are beautiful and you got some great pictures. I love some of the single flower pictures.
Thank you. I made them mostly to use for sketching.
Today I'm going home. I only need to pack my access point, but I still have an hour and a half to wait before I have to leave.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:04 AM   #34388
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post

Betty - I haven't ever found a shoofly pie that I liked. I didn't know there were so many different kinds, so maybe I haven't one that I would like. Did you like it?
It was good, but it didn't "wow" me like I had hoped. I think I'll try molasses in it next time, if I make it again. Next up, though, is a key lime pie (for my mom) then a buttermilk pie (for my niece.) I've moved through my quest for the perfect biscuit and on to making the perfect piecrust!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:33 PM   #34389
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
My brother is the pie maker in the family. He grows apples, cherries, peaches, and 2 kinds of berries just for pies. And ingredients for salsa... humm.. I think he just likes cooking and growing his ingredients. They have tried deep frying anything and everything too. The last one I know about was fried ice cream.

Have fun on your quest for the perfect pie crust.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:43 AM   #34390
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Slowly waking up at home and being glad that I won't have to work until this afternoon. It was a long day of travelling yesterday, but it was nice to sleep in my own (soft) bed again.

I have also decided I'm not going into Dixons stores in departure lounges anymore. Last year I saw a Kindle Keyboard there and, once home, ended up ordering one. Yesterday I played around with a Kindle Touch and had to keep reminding myself about the press conference next week and the high possibility of the announcement of new Kindles.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #34391
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Having a bad stomachache
Old 08-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #34392
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Having a bad stomachache
Feel better
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #34393
OffMostWalls
OffMostWalls began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Mac 1.10.1
Newbie trying to assess the utility of this forum. Hard to navigate. Needle/haystack scene. Was hoping for QAs and useful suggestions about converting InDesign and PDF layouts to ebook usable stuff. Anyone have positive experience with an authoring forum? Especially where precisely coordinated graphics are involved? (As in picture books or nitty gritty texts where you want the picture of what you're explaining right there, not 1-2 pages B4 or after.) Currently trying to figure out Calibre as authoring tool, which is how I got here. But I don't see threads involving graphics and page breaks yet.
OffMostWalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #34394
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
You could start a topic in the calibre forum.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #34395
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Feel better
thanks i think it's due to a certain monthly event...

anyway, just got a look at the Note 2, kinda disappointed. Waiting for new nexus devices now

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?