Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-12-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
SweetBearCub
SweetBearCub began at the beginning.

Device: Jail-broken USA Kindle Keyboard 3G v3.4.1
Question US K3 3G - How to order books in a series?

I have several hundred books that I want to place on my Kindle Keyboard.

I loaded the books into Calibre, and following the guide here - http://www.howtogeek.com/114063/how-...-ebook-series/ - I added series data to each book, and assigned the number in the series to each book. Then I loaded all the books onto the Kindle.

On my Kindle inside any collection, the sort options are "Most Recent First", "Title", and "Author".

In theory, following the article's directions to add a series and series number to each book should make the books show up in order on my Kindle. Yet under any sort order I choose, the books will not follow the series order data that I tagged each book with.

Without altering the visible title names on my Kindle, how can I make the Kindle correctly order my books?
SweetBearCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:35 AM   #2
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
The title has to contain the series info. It is my understanding that there is a way to do that in Calibre. You said you tagged the books. Not sure what you mean by that.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2015, 02:13 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you set up a Calibre plugboard? Entering series metadata in Calibre won't automatically transfer it to the Kindle; you need to use a Plugboard to append the series information to the book's title.

Last edited by HarryT; 05-13-2015 at 03:00 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 04:46 PM   #4
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Go to the beginning of the title in Calibre & do this, #1 Title #2 Title etc it works IF you put it behind the Title Wont work. Title #1 Title #2 etc.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
And, if there are more than 9 books in the series, make sure to use leading zeroes in the book number, so that they sort correctly.

I use something like Series name 01 - Book title, Series name 02 - Book title the second, etc.

Last edited by susan_cassidy; 05-18-2015 at 05:18 PM.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2015, 03:57 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Go to the beginning of the title in Calibre & do this, #1 Title #2 Title etc it works IF you put it behind the Title Wont work. Title #1 Title #2 etc.
That's not a good way to do it at all. Using a Plugboard to automate the process is much easier and better.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, collections, kindle, order