Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #16
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
That is very strange! Are you sure? Have you ever tried any of the discount codes available in the discount codes thread?
it's a law in France : each editor sets the book price and it's the same everywhere in France (the bookshops can give a 5% discount, and so quite every booksellers is doing it, fearing to lost customers). See the article of wikipedia concerning this law : Loi Lang
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
ltr
Addict
ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.ltr writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: Kindle PW-2
Today I received an email from KOBO. They want me to celebrate their birthday with them and get 75% off great titles.

Three years ago that would have been cause to celebrate, but today it's a frustrating exercise in scanning through mostly romance novels to find that there really isn't much worth applying a discount code against.

My advice to KOBO is to give up on the discount codes - it just makes me annoyed.

ltr
ltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #18
m_bisson
Groupie
m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.m_bisson knows what's going on.

Device: kobo touch :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltr View Post
Today I received an email from KOBO. They want me to celebrate their birthday with them and get 75% off great titles.

Three years ago that would have been cause to celebrate, but today it's a frustrating exercise in scanning through mostly romance novels to find that there really isn't much worth applying a discount code against.

My advice to KOBO is to give up on the discount codes - it just makes me annoyed.

ltr
Just went through the same thing...
m_bisson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
I question whether it is actually 75% off: if you read it closely it says "UP TO 75% off" and is described as a "mystery" code. I take that to mean you'll get somewhere between 0 and 75% off and I assume it will show you actual amount when you try to use it.

EDIT: when I actually read the whole e-mail (instead of having scanned and semi-ignored it), the fine print confirms that you will get 25-75% off when you enter it at checkout, and the usual restrictions on what it works on apply.

Last edited by robko; 12-14-2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Clarification
robko is offline   Reply With Quote