Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Kobo reader, and battery

Hi,

I have read an eBook reader is supposed to use battery when we turn pages, but not when we let it idle... or perhaps just less?

I mean, I have not read for about 3 weeks, I have not touched my Kobo for about 3 weeks, wifi OFF. And today I take it and no more battery, I had to charge it... so is it normal?

Thanks
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
That depends. If it was completely powered off (as opposed to in sleep mode) then no that definitely isn't normal (my old Kobo Wifi and Originals can survive multiple months with little or no change in charge level when powered off). Lots of people seem to be able to read over that much time if they don't use wifi and power it off when not using it before needing to recharge. In sleep mode it is using a tiny amount of power (to keep it ready to restart) all the time, but if it was fully charged then I don't think it should have depleted completely in 3 weeks, but if you were less than fully charged it could have.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
Julien Pham
Connoisseur
Julien Pham began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Ok then I think it is normal, it was just in standby mode
Julien Pham is offline   Reply With Quote