Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #31
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh, and let me add that the compact mode is only available on tablets right now. Smaller screens might not be able to fit it.
pruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
pruss, have you any thoughts on why neither compact paid version (1.06 or 1.07) will run on my Thrive? I have tried everything I could think of—reinstalling, deleting/reinstalling, transferring from the PE. What's puzzling is that the Trial v1.06 will run in compact form.

BTW, I very much like the ebook sample addition, which sort of nulls the need of the compact form. I just like it aesthetically.
d
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 03:50 PM   #33
pruss
Evangelist
pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pruss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is the trial that works from the Market?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:43 PM   #34
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, from Market. I kinda looked around but didn't see it in another market.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #35
pruss
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieBird View Post
Yes, from Market. I kinda looked around but didn't see it in another market.
And what happens in the versions that don't work?
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #36
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Compact view does not even show as an option in full 1.07 or 1.06 menu selection. Under Settings/Notication bar: "when active" or "always" options, "Show ebook sample" and "Reactivate on wake". I've tried numerous combinations and nothing actives Compact View.

1.07 full (PE) and 1.06 trial (Toshiba Thrive) are identical except, of course, the trial has the "buy full" option and the PE has "what's new", "help" and the ebook sample options.

Not sure this is a clear description and, as I said, with the ebook sample the compact view is not all that important. Thought you might like to hear of it in case it pops up in other tablets.
d
Old 02-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #37
pruss
Evangelist

Quote:
Compact view does not even show as an option in full 1.07 or 1.06 menu selection. Under Settings/Notication bar: "when active" or "always" options, "Show ebook sample" and "Reactivate on wake". I've tried numerous combinations and nothing actives Compact View.
I uploaded 1.08 which should fix this for you. Now uploaded to Market.

I think your screen is classified as xlarge, and I was only enabling compact for large screens that aren't xlarge. Oops.

Last edited by pruss; 02-06-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 PM   #38
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Download/install 1.08. On both devices when it opens the msg. is "what's new in vl.07", and it seems to be v1.07 (still no compact option on the Thrive).

Titanium Backup shows it as v1.08.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #39
pruss
Evangelist

Email me and we can do some testing.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #40
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

No need to trouble you further! ie: v1.09 fixed whatever problem was keeping the T.Thrive from utilizing the compact view...

...but v1.09 on the PE inhibited it from "compacting". I have just gone back to v1.08. What seems weird is that your change log for 1.09 says the fix is for smaller screens and the Thrive is 3" bigger than the PE.

Sorry I've not gotten back to you—computer & animal problems. I'm a happy camper. Thanks so much.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #41
pruss
Evangelist

Quote:
No need to trouble you further! ie: v1.09 fixed whatever problem was keeping the T.Thrive from utilizing the compact view...

...but v1.09 on the PE inhibited it from "compacting". I have just gone back to v1.08. What seems weird is that your change log for 1.09 says the fix is for smaller screens and the Thrive is 3" bigger than the PE.
What device is the PE?

I found that some devices have buggy reporting of whether they are "large" screens. So as a result, I directly implemented a check for large screens using the measurements in the SDK. It looks like the PE, whatever it is, just doesn't measure up. But if you give me some specs, I might be able to make it work.

I apologize for the heavy-handed way in which I disable features on devices on which they might not work very well. This is to protect myself from low reviews from users on those devices, who might complain. I think review-wise, it is better not to have a feature than to have a poorly working feature.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #42
bobkoure
bobkoure began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7 (v1)
I gave it a shot. It does not dim the touchbutton illumination on a samsung t-mobile s2 (T989V).
Pity, that. Wouldn't surprise me if the buttons were oled as well (rest of the screen is super amoled) - not much point in having a backlight for just that.

BTW, Moon+ reader, in night mode, seems to (at least sometimes - I haven't figured all the control options yet) go into a mode where touching the screen does not turn the touchbutton illumination on, but, unlike just turning button illumination off in system settings, you can still touch teh buttons area and get illumination.
Aldiko, on the other hand, even if you turn illumination off in system settings, still locks button illumination on. I've been having a conversation with one of their support people, trying to get them to understand what the issue is. I'm hoping they'll decide it's a bug, and fix it.
bobkoure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #43
pruss
Evangelist

Are these on-screen buttons or hardware buttons with a light?
Old 02-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #44
CharlieBird
¿Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
What device is the PE?
enTourage pocketeDGe: a dual screen device (6" eInk reader; 7" Android tablet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruss View Post
I think review-wise, it is better not to have a feature than to have a poorly working feature.
I totally agree.

What does "amoled" mean?
d
Old 02-28-2012, 09:23 PM   #45
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I just wanted to let you know that I bought this neat app today called LunarMap HD for my phone and I got the receipt from Pruss software and thought something sounds familiar and figured out that ScreenDim for my KF is from the same developer. Small world. LunarMap HD is pretty neat!
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote