Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-02-2011, 03:03 AM   #1
ace2020boyd
ace2020boyd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 w/ads
Kindle 3.2 w/ ads question

I just bought a Kindle 3 w/ads and ive been seeing that you are able to remove the ads and add your own custom screensavers. Ive only seen it possible with version 3.2.1 and the version of my kindle is 3.2. So is possible to add these screensavers in conjunction of ads or what not.
ace2020boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 05:05 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace2020boyd View Post
I just bought a Kindle 3 w/ads and ive been seeing that you are able to remove the ads and add your own custom screensavers. Ive only seen it possible with version 3.2.1 and the version of my kindle is 3.2. So is possible to add these screensavers in conjunction of ads or what not.
Ace,

If you don't want to see the ads, I'd suggest that you return your Kindle and buy a non ad-supported model. You have paid $25 less for your Kindle in return for agreeing to accept the ads. Now you're saying that you're not going to stick to your side of the deal? Sorry, but that's wrong, to my mind.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
ace2020boyd
ace2020boyd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 w/ads
Im completely fine with the ads i just want to know if theirs a way to add custom screensavers in the mix of the ads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ace,If you don't want to see the ads, I'd suggest that you return your Kindle and buy a non ad-supported model. You have paid $25 less for your Kindle in return for agreeing to accept the ads. Now you're saying that you're not going to stick to your side of the deal? Sorry, but that's wrong, to my mind.
I just was talking about the removal of the ads because i saw that people with 3.2.1 w/ ads had to remove them to add there own screensavers.
ace2020boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Im completely fine with the ads i just want to know if theirs a way to add custom screensavers in the mix of the ads.
The short answer is: no.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:

I just was talking about the removal of the ads because i saw that people with 3.2.1 w/ ads had to remove them to add there own screensavers.
Didn't you know that the screensavers were the ads themselves? Addition of any custom screensavers would only minimise the amount of screentime the ads would get, thereby defeating the very purpose for which Amazon subsidised your kindle.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert