Notices

Old 03-05-2007, 09:21 PM   #16
micro
Connoisseur
micro doesn't littermicro doesn't littermicro doesn't litter

Device: STAReBOOK STK-101
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
If you just need to convert MP3s to AAC, you might try Audacity. I haven't tried such a conversion with it, but I know it will do them. It has been extremely usable for what I've used it for: converting tapes to CDs.
The easiest way to do this is and keep it in itunes for use with your ipod is simply to select the tracks and right click on them. Select "Convert Selection to AAC", and then wait

AAC has the added benefit of having a smaller filesize for the same quality (or higher quality for the same filesize).

of course if you don't want them in iTunes then audacity is a good option.

But please remember folks, every time you convert between formats (or within the same format) you WILL loose quality. I'm sure for audio books it doesn't matter much, but some people can and will notice.

micro
Old 03-15-2007, 12:20 PM   #17
spartman
spartman began at the beginning.

Device: palm sj33
just so you know its almost guaranteed to have less memory than you paid for. I bought 3 4gb ones and they appeared to have 4GB off the bat but it was only a software hack to display a larger size. you could put 2 gbs on but it would only read the first gb. After opening them up they were only 1 gb units.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #18
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I converted some MP3 to AAC for a friend using dbPowerAmp Converter. It was fast and clean and she liked the result. Just another option.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #19
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Since we're talking about fake Apple gadgets already, how about a fake iPhone before the real one gets out?

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/18/k...ile-phone-iph/
Old 04-21-2007, 07:22 AM   #20
Lehnbek
Lehnbek began at the beginning.

Fake Ipod manual in english

Does anyone knows how to get an english manual for the fake Ipod.
They send me one in chinese and don't even manage to set language to english. The price was ok - 59$ - for a 4GB version
TIA Bent
Denmark

Last edited by Lehnbek; 04-21-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:56 PM   #21
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
i saw these on a cart for a street vendor, your prices were better
Old 05-21-2007, 11:57 AM   #22
MarNor
MarNor began at the beginning.

I can't find the Gary Whittaker users manual for the fake Ipod using Google ... can you please provide the link?

tnx!
Old 05-21-2007, 11:59 AM   #23
MarNor
MarNor began at the beginning.

Moonraker, Can you please provide the URL to the Gary Whittaker users manual?

tnx
Old 05-21-2007, 12:18 PM   #24
Moonraker
Addict
Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moonraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ILiad. Gen 3, PocketBook 360, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Oasis 2
I found the link in a forum somewhere. I can't find it now.

Send me your email address by private pm and I will send a copy of mine to you.

Or you can download this .pdf manual that I found using Google.
I think the Gary Whittaker one is better.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf MP4 user manual.pdf (587.3 KB, 72980 views)

Last edited by Moonraker; 05-21-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:06 AM   #25
Lehnbek
Lehnbek began at the beginning.

User manual Ipod

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNor
I can't find the Gary Whittaker users manual for the fake Ipod using Google ... can you please provide the link?

tnx!
I've got one in a worddocument
The MP4 is bought via: www.net-stick.com

Lehnbek
Attached Files
File Type: rar Apple User Manual English 0512101.rar (307.3 KB, 1443 views)

Last edited by Lehnbek; 05-27-2007 at 04:12 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #26
dlprentice
dlprentice began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehnbek View Post
Does anyone knows how to get an english manual for the fake Ipod.
They send me one in chinese and don't even manage to set language to english. The price was ok - 59$ - for a 4GB version
TIA Bent
Denmark
I feel sorry for you I sell them myself 8 gig versions english only (ipod fakes of course)

Their alright seeing as how their over 50% cheaper than a regular ipod AND their is no need to use the resource hog known as iTunes.

Its just an affordable alternative to an overpriced product.