Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
hgelpke
hgelpke began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Calibre 3 - "Choose the calibre library to browse" in browswer

I've started my content server and when I go to the webpage, it gives the message "Choose the calibre library to browse" but here is no option to choose anything. Tried on both Chrome and Firefox.

Calibre is running on Windows 7
hgelpke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
There should be 1 or mor buttons below that message.
The number of buttons matches the libraries Calibre knows about (vi switch/create)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none

Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	157368

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This can happen on windows if your calibre library folder is the root folder of a drive. Either wait for the next calibre release or move your calibre library into a sub-folder.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 09:49 PM   #5
Gnomeore
Gnomeore began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paper White
RE: Choose the Calibre library to browse. Select which to share.

I have two Calibre libraries, one private, the other public.
The public one has tutorials that I share. The private one has ebooks that I have purchased.

I only wish to share the public as sharing the private one would be illegal. Is there a way to choose which of my libraries that I wish to share? This was not a problem before as it only shared the current library.

I have looked at the Sharing over the Net settings and searched the forums (that is how I found this thread).

Calibre is a great ebook management program, well worth supporting.

Last edited by Gnomeore; 07-30-2017 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Added more information
Gnomeore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 11:19 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You restrict which libraries to share by setting up user accounts. You can then specify which users have access to which libraries.
Old 08-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #7
Gnomeore

Hide Private Calibre Library from Public

Thankful for the reply Kovid. However it does not completely solve my problem.

I run two libraries within Calibre; one private, the other public. It would be very good to only display the public library in the Content Server.

My private library has ebooks that I have purchased. With the public library I host computer tutorials for a not-for-profit organisation via our Wi-Fi network. I know from the previous post that I can use passwords to restrict access to both but it would be much better if the private one was not listed via the Content Server (it does not look good for me to have my private library listed even though they cannot access it.

I tried to run two copies on Calibre to get around this problem however it seems that I can only run one at a time on my Mac. The only other solution with version 3.x is to run it on two seperate Mac computers.

It may not be possible with the current version to have private libraries but it would be good if it could be considered in a future addition. So it looks like I will have to go back to version 2.x for the time being.

Another problem is that the name of our not-for-profit organisation has a hyphen (-) in it and all of our online services use this as part of our user-name. Version 3 of Calibre no longer seems to support a hyphen in the user-name so I would have to either change this for all our services or just go to using version 2.x. I am sure that there was a reason to make this change in terms of some compatibility problem but it would be good if there was a setting to allow this. There may be one but I could not see it.

If any one has found a way around these problems I would be very grateful.

Calibre is still my number one choice and I am happy to support it. I am actually running a Calibre training sessions for our members next weekend at our members' request.
Old 08-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There's no problem with adding hyphens to usernames, I simply forgot to include it in the vailadation routine. However, I dont see how that matters as far as calibre 3.x vs 2.x is concerned, since in 2.x there were no usernames at all (well technically a single fixed one).

And if you restrict access to a library it is not listed on the home page at all, for users that do not have access to it.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:04 AM   #9
Gnomeore

calibre 3.7 Fix and browser refresh.

Thank you for fixing the username problem. Just in time before my calibre training session on Sunday.

The problem that I had with all libraries showing up in the web browser (Firefox or Safari) seems to be a refresh issue. If I access the site I see the libraries that the previous user had access to. If I click on one of them or refresh the page, a authentication pane drops down. After I have authenticated I then see the libraries that the current user is allowed access to.

Eg: I go to my calibre library site and log on as me (full access). Exit the browser and open it again. I again go to my calibre library site and I see the libraries listed that I have access to before I even log on. If I refresh the page I am asked to log on. When I log on with members access I then see only the members library.

It should be fine for our members as they will only log on with the restricted access, so they should only see the members library every time.

So it looks like both browsers are loading a local cache version of the page before the login appears.

Thanks once again for the great support and for calibre. I am finding more great things about it as I write my calibre tutorials for our members, which I then place up in the calibre members library for them to access.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:39 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Indeed, the website is designed to work offline as well, so the home page (which has the list of libraries) is cached.