Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
lixtetraxx
lixtetraxx began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-600
Request

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and I can't seem to find the Request Area... I am currently looking for Alaska by James A. Michener. In EPUB format if possible. I already find some epub, lrf, txt, pdf versions on the net but always in Spanish or badly rendered...

Can someone point me in the right direction...
Sorry for my bad English writing
Thanks
lixtetraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #2
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Doesn't seem to be in eBook format yet (legally).
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
The only thing I could suggest is going somewhere like Amazon and putting in a request for it to be converted into a Kindle edition. They do listen to requests as several I've requested (and I'm sure others have as well) have later been converted into ebooks.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 06:41 PM   #4
lixtetraxx

Really? Its not converted yet...
The book have been written in 1988...
All his other books already exist in ebook format.
How does this work? Is it automatic for a writer to be converted to electronics or does it depend on customer request?

Thanks
Old 08-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
Unfortunately no, it doesn't happen automatically.

It depends upon who has the legal right to sell an eBook to a person in your Geographic location and whether or not he/she is interested in pursuing the matter.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #6
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Click here!
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #7
lixtetraxx

Thanks Pidgeon92!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
biooutsource
biooutsource began at the beginning.

Device: Kinddle
You have to wait for a while to get it available on your device.
biooutsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 01:04 AM   #9
SampleAndy
Addict
SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SampleAndy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KFire HD, KFire, KTD 3g, KT, K4B, K4S, K3g, K3g SO, K2, K1
Red face Sorry about that, chief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
I just requested that it be available for the Kindle, and I'd never even HEARD of it!

(sigh) Let this be a lesson to you. Don't click something unless you know what it is.

oh, yeah... The other thing? READ the date before you click [Submit].
SampleAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SampleAndy View Post
I just requested that it be available for the Kindle, and I'd never even HEARD of it!

(sigh) Let this be a lesson to you. Don't click something unless you know what it is.

oh, yeah... The other thing? READ the date before you click [Submit].
Well, another request for it to be made into an ebook certainly can't hurt. I don't know how quickly it will be but I imagine the more requests they get the more likely they are to see if the publisher can/will allow it to be converted.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:20 AM   #11
frquixote
Addict
frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frquixote ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO Libra 2, Kindle PW3, Samsung 8A Tablet, Samsung S10e Phone
With the comments about Michener's books being available, I went to B&N and found that Alaska, Tales of the South Pacific, Hawaii, Texas, Poland and Sayonara are all missing. How disappointing ... Tales, Hawaii and sayonara are three of my favorite books and I look for them every few months.
frquixote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Yep, looks like they are 'holding back' the popular ones. Typical.

Frquixote, I'd suggest that in the future you make your subject title more specific to the topic.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:19 AM   #13
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by frquixote View Post
With the comments about Michener's books being available, I went to B&N and found that Alaska, Tales of the South Pacific, Hawaii, Texas, Poland and Sayonara are all missing. How disappointing ... Tales, Hawaii and sayonara are three of my favorite books and I look for them every few months.
Good news for Michener fans -- Texas, Alaska, and Hawaii are all slated to be released in ebook format by Random House over the next few months. They still have a ways to go converting all titles to digital format, but at least there is some progress. I am looking forward to adding some of these titles to my library.

Link:

http://www.randomhouse.com/book/sear..._auth=Michener

Click "Ebook" next to the appropriate title for individual release dates.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Thanks Pat!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #15
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
You're welcome, Kenny.

I always wonder why some books are so slow to make it into ebook format. In the case of Michener, I'm guessing his estate just wants things done slowly over time. Maybe it is also not so easy to convert some older books to digital format, so the publisher takes its sweet time.

I don't think anything sinister or litigious was going on with the Michener books, such as what happened to Harper Lee. Now that is a sad story. Her previous agent took advantage of an aging Lee to steal the rights for To Kill A Mockingbird and its royalties. Earlier this year, Lee and her attorneys wrested the rights back, and they are now suing for some of the royalties the agent received when he was holding the rights. I would think that any ebook for TKAM will have to wait until all this litigation is over with. Unfortunately, that means it could be many more years before this great book is officially released as an ebook.

There was an interesting article about the sad and sordid behavior of Lee's agent -- and other agency misbehavior -- in a recent Vanity Fair. An excerpt can be read here:

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/20...ute-royalties#

--Pat

Last edited by PatNY; 10-06-2013 at 11:35 AM.
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote