Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 05:54 PM   #16
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
Is there a search/replace tool?
This is the most requested feature. I haven't yet had time to work on it because it will take a lot of time to design and implement.

But it will get done.

Quote:
One issue-when I cut/copy/paste, the paste divides words by what looks like hyphenation spaces? For example, if I cut the word Prologue, then paste it, it shows up as Pro logue.

Ok, this only occurs in Bookview, not in code view.
This sounds more like a bug in the application your pasting from. I could be wrong though.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:51 PM   #17
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
I'm cutting from within Sigil and pasting to another spot in Sigil. Weird.

So, one awesome thing-your insert image works perfectly for me. I am slowly adding some illustrations/diagrams into an ePub that had been converted from HTML (and all graphics were stripped). I tried a couple, re-saved as ePub, then opened in Stanza Desktop. Unfortunately, Stanza Desktop does NOT show images, but when you transfer the file to the iPhone, the images show up correctly.

What is the advantage right now in saving in Sigil format, instead of always saving back to ePub?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2009, 09:08 PM   #18
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm cutting from within Sigil and pasting to another spot in Sigil. Weird.
Very. Try to create a minimal test case and sequence of steps that would replicate this. Then create an issue on the tracker with it.

Quote:
So, one awesome thing-your insert image works perfectly for me. I am slowly adding some illustrations/diagrams into an ePub that had been converted from HTML (and all graphics were stripped). I tried a couple, re-saved as ePub, then opened in Stanza Desktop. Unfortunately, Stanza Desktop does NOT show images, but when you transfer the file to the iPhone, the images show up correctly.
If they show up in one and not the other, it's probably a bug in Stanza Desktop. Just to be sure, install Adobe Digital Editions and see if it displays in that.

Quote:
What is the advantage right now in saving in Sigil format, instead of always saving back to ePub?
See this thread.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:27 AM   #19
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
This is the most requested feature. I haven't yet had time to work on it because it will take a lot of time to design and implement.

But it will get done.
Would you consider opening the source text in an external editor? That would let the user benefit for advanced editing and regexp options in vim, emacs, Notepad+ or whatever...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #20
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Would you consider opening the source text in an external editor? That would let the user benefit for advanced editing and regexp options in vim, emacs, Notepad+ or whatever...
That kinda sounds like admitting failure. But it's an interesting idea. I still plan on making a powerful search&replace dialog (along the lines of the dialogs in Dreamweaver and Notepad++), but I'll think about this.
Advert
Old 09-05-2009, 05:22 PM   #21
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
That kinda sounds like admitting failure.
I'd view it more like not reinventing the wheel, and not forcing the users to leave other editors they may be more comfortable with (and learning new hotkeys, regexp syntax, etc.). Of course, it would be an option, and you should implement search&replace features anyway
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 10:15 PM   #22
Valloric

Quote:
not forcing the users to leave other editors they may be more comfortable with
Agreed. Make an enhancement request on the tracker and it will get done one day.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:34 PM   #23
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
I'd view it more like not reinventing the wheel, and not forcing the users to leave other editors they may be more comfortable with (and learning new hotkeys, regexp syntax, etc.). Of course, it would be an option, and you should implement search&replace features anyway
I'd rather he work first on making a s&r dialog for Sigil. I want Sigil to be the one single stop for all my epub editing needs .
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 AM   #24
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
HTML editor problem.

I have been editing a fairly large PG file using SIGIL. I got about 2/3s of the way through the file using the split screen, and suddenly the HTML editor would only go to the top of the file. Reloading and restarting SIGIL and the computer had no effect. All editing was done in the HTML.

I finally unzipped the SGF file and looked at the HTML output but found nothing that I thought might cause the problem. Have I done something to cause this and can I recover?

I'm looking forward to V. 1.4.

P.S. The epub file produced runs fine in ADE.

Last edited by crutledge; 09-10-2009 at 07:23 AM.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #25
Barbeera
Barbeera began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mac OSX 10.4.11

Did anyone try to run it on osx 10.4.11?
Barbeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #26
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I have been editing a fairly large PG file using SIGIL. I got about 2/3s of the way through the file using the split screen, and suddenly the HTML editor would only go to the top of the file.
I'm not sure I understand. Please elaborate. Were you unable to scroll or switching between the two displays in Split View caused the Code View panel to sync to the top? Or something completely different?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #27
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbeera View Post
Did anyone try to run it on osx 10.4.11?
Some people have, with apparently little success. Then again, maybe some people used it on this version of OS X without problems, but I rarely get people popping in to say everything works fine.

So it may work there, or it may not. I can't test for this version since I don't have access to it. I test against OS X 10.5.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:02 AM   #28
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post
I have been editing a fairly large PG file using SIGIL. I got about 2/3s of the way through the file using the split screen, and suddenly the HTML editor would only go to the top of the file. Reloading and restarting SIGIL and the computer had no effect. All editing was done in the HTML.

I finally unzipped the SGF file and looked at the HTML output but found nothing that I thought might cause the problem. Have I done something to cause this and can I recover?

I'm looking forward to V. 1.4.

P.S. The epub file produced runs fine in ADE.
I guess I done it again. I started to go through the sequence to document the problem. During the process, things started to work again. Sorry!
Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote