Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-11-2019, 05:47 PM   #151
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thumbs up

Thanks

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 02:50 PM   #152
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi there,

Not sure if this has come up before:

calibre, version 3.40.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QPushButton(): arguments did not match any overloaded call:
overload 1: too many arguments
overload 2: argument 2 has unexpected type 'unicode'
overload 3: argument 1 has unexpected type 'NoneType'

calibre 3.40.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && frating (2, 2, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 4, 0) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 1, 0) && GetFileName (0, 2, 13) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && EpubCheck (0, 1, 6) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Beam Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 1) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 5, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 148) && Goodreads_Rating (0, 2, 6) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 9) && FictionDB (1, 1, 0) && Public_gr (1, 0, 0) && Overdrive Link (2, 32, 0) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 3, 0) && Import List (1, 3, 0) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 69) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 6, 0) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Overdrive Link* (2, 32, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.ui", line 71, in normal_read_only
File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.ui", line 102, in run_calibrespy_from_gui
File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.calibrespy_dialog" , line 312, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.calibrespy_dialog" , line 4301, in create_bottom_widgets
TypeError: QPushButton(): arguments did not match any overloaded call:

I got this initially with a library with a large amount of columns and data, but then I tried it with a very plain library. Still got this callback. It happened with I selected the plugin without choosing whether or not it was going to be read-only or strictly read only, just selecting the plugin and hitting the dropdown. Also, I noticed that many times when I do select a read-only or otherwise the plugin will cause Calibre to close.

I was trying to use it to see if a library had a book in it that was missing from the current library I was in. I normally just open up my file manager and look in the folders directly, but the title of the book was the same in a series of books where the last word was different, but since it was a long title I couldn't see it in the folders. I planned on just looking in the other libraries. I was importing a list at the time so leaving the library to check wasn't an option.

Thanks!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2019, 03:34 PM   #153
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Icons missing. Upgrade CalibreSpy or Reinstall. Or both.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:18 PM   #154
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Uninstalled, restarted, re-installed from main gui. Still getting same response. Checked the plugin zip file, the image folder is still there and has images.

Should I replace the .json?

I deleted the .json. When I restarted the program, I needed to reset the settings in preferences. Thinking this was caused when I moved calibre and the settings had another program associated when opening a book. The program moved loctions. This also might be the reason why Calibre shuts down when I launch Calibre Spy sometimes. I am thinking my previous settings were too specific to handle if a program or filepath changes.

Yup. I needed to reset the associated programs. Didn't have the filepath to the icon.

Last edited by Rellwood; 03-26-2019 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:33 PM   #155
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

CalibreSpy is "special" in that it is designed to be run in a multi-user environment using the identical Calibre Library metadata.db simultaneously via CLI rather than from the GUI itself. Because of that, when you install CalibreSpy, it uses the current Calibre configuration directory to unzip its icons into "...\calibre\plugins\calibrespy_cli\images" to enable CalibreSpy to function when it is running via CLI and not from the Calibre GUI. Calibre "standard" functionality is not guaranteed to exist when Calibre is not running, of course, hence CalibreSpy's workaround for the image directory to enable CLI execution.

Whenever Calibre starts, CalibreSpy checks to see if the "current" Calibre config directory has changed since "the last time" Calibre was started. If so, CalibreSpy extracts the icon files to the "new" "...\calibre\plugins\calibrespy_cli\images".

I am not clear at all why you encountered this problem giving that the above behavior should have re-extracted the images automatically and transparently unless there was a "perfect storm" of events that led to it. Assuming that was the case, I am going to add a "perfect storm test" to CalibreSpy and have it extract the icon images (again) if that occurs.

DaltonST
Advert
Old 03-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #156
Rellwood

I am still having problems. Some libraries give me the following:

calibre, version 3.40.1
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:QPushButton(): arguments did not match any overloaded call:

calibre 3.40.1 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 3) && GetFileName (0, 2, 13) && Import List (1, 3, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 4, 4) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 1, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 15) && Goodreads Sync (1, 12, 1) && CalibreSpy (1, 0, 69) && Goodreads_Rating (0, 2, 6) && Beam Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 5, 0) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Count Pages (1, 8, 2) && View Manager (1, 4, 3) && Goodreads (1, 4, 0) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && EpubSplit (2, 6, 0) && Diaps Editing Toolbag (0, 3, 5) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 4, 0) && FictionDB (1, 1, 0) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 0) && Job Spy (1, 0, 148) && EpubCheck (0, 1, 6) && frating (2, 2, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 3) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 3, 0) && Overdrive Link (2, 32, 0) && FanFicFare (3, 6, 0) && English Noun Frequency (1, 0, 9) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && Public_gr (1, 0, 0) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Overdrive Link* (2, 32, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.ui", line 71, in normal_read_only
File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.ui", line 102, in run_calibrespy_from_gui
File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.calibrespy_dialog" , line 312, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.calibrespy.calibrespy_dialog" , line 4301, in create_bottom_widgets

While others just close Calibre down. Then there are some that just open.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:33 PM   #157
Rellwood

This is going to be difficult to explain. I had another computer that I was running my main Calibre libraries on that crashed and died recently. I was trying to update drivers using a program and it destroyed my computer. I was smart enough to back up my library before I did it. I just copied the library folders. I didn't actually use the Calibre backup. Later I copied the folders into my new computer and pointed Calibre towards it. I had Calibre running on two computers.

Now I have gone through the Calibre Spy and tried to select those specific libraries that I had copied and they are the ones giving me problems. Also they are the longest-lived libraries I have. Being created back in early 2018. I am thinking those metadata.db files are pretty full.

Also, what would cause a library selection to close out Calibre?

Is it possible to have too many tags and have that be the cause of the"overload"?

Last edited by Rellwood; 03-26-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 04:52 PM   #158
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Hi there,

Not sure if this has come up before:
Did you even look, this thread is not that long - start reading here 140

See also ==>> Implementation Limits For SQLite

Added : I've also found that you must close CS down via its Exit buttons, if you close it down via say the Windows Taskbar right click menu or similar you put it into a locked state, i.e. don't do this :

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	170414

That has been my preferred way of closing inactive tasks for decades - on XP I needed a third party gadget to do it, but it's been built into Windows since version 7 was released - I just have to remember not to use it on CS tasks

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-26-2019 at 05:22 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:09 PM   #159
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 1.0.70- Miscellany

Version 1.0.70- 13 Mar 2019 Miscellany

This allows a CalibreSpy user to run Calibre, and then delete the entire directory where CalibreSpy keeps all if its resources, .../calibre/plugins/calibrespy_cli/... and then click the CalibreSpy icon to run CS from the GUI.

DaltonST
Old 03-26-2019, 05:17 PM   #160
DaltonST
Deviser

As I said, your CS failure is due to the missing icons for CalibreSpy.

Quote:

The above means that the creation of that particular PushButton failed because the icon it uses was not found.

Not to repeat myself, but your failure is due to the missing Icons for CalibreSpy.

If you ever see that error again (which you should not since I added "perfect storm" checking), simply restart Calibre itself. When Calibre starts, each plugin initializes itself, including extracting resources from its zip file.

However, remember that ALL CalibreSpy preferences are maintained within each separate Library's metadata.db. That includes the optional and user-defined application paths for reading a book, editing a book, etc. etc. If you move a Library to a new PC, those paths might be totally wrong.

DaltonST
Old 03-26-2019, 05:25 PM   #161
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Did you even look, this thread is not that long - start reading here 140

See also ==>> Implementation Limits For SQLite

BR
I am not sure why you asked if i "even" looked, as if I was expected to read this page to begin with. However, thank you for pointing it out to me.

If the cause of failure is too many columns, words, etc. then why are libraries that have much less data failing to show?

I would recognize that library size is a major indicator if the libraries that weren't showing are all very large. However it is only specific older libraries which are failing. Some have only 10 columns and no genres, or bookshelf tags. Only general tags that have only been populated by downloading metadata from the source plugins. Actually the majority of my libraries follow this. They are the book source libraries and only hold the books when they come in.

My main library is where all the big and gnarly columns come in. I am trying to standardize all my tags, but I haven't got to it yet. Was kind of waiting until I could wrap my head around the massive amount of work it will take to map them.

As of this posting I am experimenting around my Calibre ecosystem and watching how Calibre Spy is affected.

I have notepad++ that lets me look at the .json and SQ database browser to check on the metadatas. Might be overkill.

I also have removed and replaced Calibre Spy and also deleted the .json.
Old 03-26-2019, 05:52 PM   #162
DaltonST
Deviser

Job Spy has a "defragment/compress All Other Libraries" tool. Run Calibre on a Library that works fine, then click that tool.

Also, on your new PC, check Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Virtual Memory > Paging File and make sure it is turned on and is set to be allowed to be very large since Calibre loads all of a Library's metadata into memory.

DaltonST
Old 03-26-2019, 06:06 PM   #163
Rellwood

Its the English Noun Frequency column. If it is present and is not listing tags alphabetically (ie. it is set to show each tag as one long-assed tag) format then that causes the overload. Even if it is only one tag. I thought I cleaned them out but there were some leftovers.

I changed the style to alphabetical and am having no problems
Old 03-26-2019, 06:15 PM   #164
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonST View Post
Also, on your new PC, check Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance > Virtual Memory > Paging File and make sure it is turned on and is set to be allowed to be very large since Calibre loads all of a Library's metadata into memory.

DaltonST
Thanks for reminding me to do that... I totally forgot. I have a great machine
1TB SSD and 16G Memory. Plus it has an i7 quad processor.

So, it being slow right now didn't make sense.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:29 PM   #165
Rellwood

I regret saying it was just the enf column. It isn't that (or it isn't that alone) I bet there are some long column names or entries that are jamming it up.