Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 05:05 PM   #1186
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Hmm, may not be RAM after all. I've been able to reproduce the issue reliably now.

Start Calibre -> go to VL -> select book -> Modify ePub (book list scrolls to top after job is done)

It only does it from a fresh start of Calibre. Doesn't do it any other time I run the exact same job.

In any case, plugin hasn't been maintained in so long so I doubt there'll be any fixes.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-06-2019 at 05:09 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 05:33 PM   #1187
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@ilovejedd - can you try unchecking "Prompt to save ePubs" in the PI configuration and do what you just did from a fresh start.

Modify hasn't been maintained because there's nothing that's needed to be done. All the recent issues have been false alarms, including one raised by YT

Functional changes have been made since Kiwidude dropped out - by Rev Bob (a raft of span and other related enhancements), jackie-w (suppression of the notify message), others (davidfor, JimmXinu, and/or PeterT) have done the changes to maintain compatibility with calibre versions 2 and 3 etc.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:50 PM   #1188
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@ilovejedd - can you try unchecking "Prompt to save ePubs" in the PI configuration and do what you just did from a fresh start.
Yep, doesn't do it with the prompt unchecked. Had to go look for it since it wasn't in the checklist.

Mind, haven't actually used the plugin at all ever since I discovered Polish. Only used it now for testing.

Quote:
Functional changes have been made since Kiwidude dropped out - by Rev Bob (a raft of span and other related enhancements), jackie-w (suppression of the notify message), others (davidfor, JimmXinu, and/or PeterT) have done the changes to maintain compatibility with calibre versions 2 and 3 etc.
Interesting. I just have the "official" version installed which comes from way back in 2015.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:23 PM   #1189
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Yep, doesn't do it with the prompt unchecked. Had to go look for it since it wasn't in the checklist.

Interesting. I just have the "official" version installed which comes from way back in 2015.
You shouldn't have needed to 'go look for it', I explicitly told you 'try unchecking "Prompt to save ePubs" in the PI configuration'

The changes since version 1.3.10 were done by the people I referenced in my previous post. If you have 1.3.13 that is the latest.

The Count Pages PI also has an option to suppress the confirmation notification - if it's set the same thing happens. The notify message suppression was done to the two PIs at about the same time by the same person. I'll merge this thread into the Modify PI thread and give that person a nudge.

BR
Old 02-07-2019, 12:04 AM   #1190
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I understand the 'look for it'
For Count Pages, there is a Icon context menu 'Configure' that takes you to the correct place.

For the Modify EPUB you need to go to Preferences: Plugins and locate the PI

Our plugin UI has evolved, maybe a future revision will make some of the older ones UI more consistent

Interestingly My Modify has always prompted, and I never noticed the issue (but then, I commonly do other work while the modify PI grinds in background)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:32 AM   #1191
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
What is a 'screen' by your definition?

Can you post some before and after screen shots - no matter what I try, after running Modify I'm back to where I was.

Modify runs as a job, which means whilst its running the book list has focus. Are you sure you're not doing something whilst it runs, or the completion notify is waiting for a reply?

When the notify message appears what happens if you tap down arrow?

BR
a screen is what i see in teh main calibre window
the rows of book titles..
so - quick new test - no filters at all - looking at all books, i go down to row 85 - arbitrary choice- modify that book. on exit i am back looking at rows 1 - 24 in my main calibre windows row 85 is off screen...
that should be easy for others to check
by notify, you you mean the box that asks apply changes - yes or no.
but now here's the twist. tried it again and on a different row and did not lose focus - screen did not revert to rtows 1 - n

so to reproduce, i think the sequence is .
1. select or change the filter, or remove the filter - so that calibre main view refreshes-
2. then scroll down and modify something . if focus it going to go, it happens as soon as the modify job starts, then main view flips back to rows 1 - n before the modify even finishes- which means i something in calibre main, not in plug in ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:35 AM   #1192
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hmm, may not be RAM after all. I've been able to reproduce the issue reliably now.

Start Calibre -> go to VL -> select book -> Modify ePub (book list scrolls to top after job is done)

It only does it from a fresh start of Calibre. Doesn't do it any other time I run the exact same job.

In any case, plugin hasn't been maintained in so long so I doubt there'll be any fixes.
see my last post - its not a fresh start that is needed, just a refresh of main view ( by changing selection) before scrolling down and modifying.
I have not tried unticking the apply changes dialogue - as I always says yes to that, that will save me a click. did not know the option existed !
PS where is the option for - don't ask - just do it - it is not on the main pi choices screen ?

Last edited by stumped; 02-07-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-07-2019, 01:56 AM   #1193
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
see my last post - its not a fresh start that is needed, just a refresh of main view ( by changing selection) before scrolling down and modifying.
I have not tried unticking the apply changes dialogue - as I always says yes to that, that will save me a click. did not know the option existed !
PS where is the option for - don't ask - just do it - it is not on the main pi choices screen ?
What is it with you guys, did you miss Reading 101

Quote:
PI configurations are done from within Preferences->Plugins

Let's leave it alone now, I've asked the developer who added the notify suppression option to take a look at it, we have a repeatable test case, further posts will only obfuscate the issue.

BR
Old 02-07-2019, 08:56 AM   #1194
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Let's leave it alone now, I've asked the developer who added the notify suppression option to take a look at it, we have a repeatable test case, further posts will only obfuscate the issue.
In response to your PM about my involvement with notification suppression ... I think perhaps you're mis-remembering

Background: I created a forked version of Count Pages in April 2015. I never published it officially but a handful of people did PM me for a personal copy. Shortly after I also contributed some code to Rev. Bob to do something similar for Modify Epub but, as far as I know, he never did anything with it.

However, all this is by-the-by because, in July 2015 the creator, kiwidude, made a surprise, for-one-night-only, reappearance to officially update both Count Pages (v1.6.9) and Modify Epub (v1.3.13) with this new option.

I don't think any of my code contributions for either of these plugins still exist in the wild.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 09:47 AM   #1195
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
What is it with you guys, did you miss Reading 101

PI configurations are done from within Preferences->Plugins

Inconsistent UI.

My other user installed plugins, I can get to the configuration via Right Click -> Plugin -> Customize/Configure or Plugin Icon on Toolbar -> Customize/Configure or via the plugin's window.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #1196
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
In response to your PM about my involvement with notification suppression ... I think perhaps you're mis-remembering

Background: I created a forked version of Count Pages in April 2015. I never published it officially but a handful of people did PM me for a personal copy. Shortly after I also contributed some code to Rev. Bob to do something similar for Modify Epub but, as far as I know, he never did anything with it.

However, all this is by-the-by because, in July 2015 the creator, kiwidude, made a surprise, for-one-night-only, reappearance to officially update both Count Pages (v1.6.9) and Modify Epub (v1.3.13) with this new option.

I don't think any of my code contributions for either of these plugins still exist in the wild.
Thanks jackie, I noticed kiwidude was the last person to update the first post, but for some reason I thought you did the work. But now I think about it maybe you offered me your personal version.

The loss of current book highlight isn't critical, and it can be worked around by checking the suppress notify setting. Calibre version 4 is on the horizon, I don't have any insight as to whether it will necessitate any changes to PI's, if it does, whoever makes those changes can have a look at it then.

And if they're inclined, I'd like an option to strip selected dc elements from the opf - e.g, description, subjects, and identifiers.

BR
Old 02-08-2019, 01:12 AM   #1197
stumped
Wizard

Quote:
Inconsistent UI.

My other user installed plugins, I can get to the configuration via Right Click -> Plugin -> Customize/Configure or Plugin Icon on Toolbar -> Customize/Configure or via the plugin's window.
agree. I actually tried to find the don't ask option before posting that I needed help, and gettign the reading 101 lecture
i even went to calibre , prefs, plugins, but then you have to guess a category, and search therein, and I failed to find it , 1st time around

PS if we are on wishlist, begin able to tun on dont ask was good, for this and for count pages plug in. saved me a couple of clicks every time.
but I'd like to have page count as an option within modify, as I always run that immediately after
Old 02-08-2019, 03:26 AM   #1198
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

How to find an installed plugin :

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	169572

BR
Old 02-19-2019, 11:13 AM   #1199
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
However, all this is by-the-by because, in July 2015 the creator, kiwidude, made a surprise, for-one-night-only, reappearance to officially update both ...
Ha, this made me giggle, thanks Jackie

I do lurk once in a blue moon to make sure everything is ticking along. But David and the mods here have done such a fabulous job looking after the community I am redundant nowadays
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 11:22 AM   #1200
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
... But David and the mods here have done such a fabulous job looking after the community I am redundant nowadays
Yes indeed ... but you'll always be the Founding Father of calibre Plugins to many of us. How would I have ever got my head around calibre's Jobs system without one of your plugins to steal learn from?

Nice to hear from you again. Hope you're well
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modify epub