Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 03:32 PM   #1
lukeoftheaura
Enthusiast
lukeoftheaura began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Scratched up my aura HD display: any fixes?

I carried my aura HD in a bag for a day, and being the idiot I am I also left something slightly sharp in this bag. When I got the aura HD out the bag, there was two large scratches on the display, with a powder seeming to have can't out of them. There didn't seem to be any damage to the eink itself but I can't read with the cosmetic damage it's caused. It's there a way to fix this or get a replacent part?
lukeoftheaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #2
Uschiekid
Tenrec
Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uschiekid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Glo
Can't read with the cuts, or it annoys you reading?

I understand if it is (too) distracting, but if it is impossible to read, I don't think I understand the problem.
Uschiekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I don't think there's anything you can do, unfortunately. Be sure to use a good case in the future.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
You might want to check out e-bay etc and see if you can find one cheap with a broken "screen". In those cases it's virtually always the glass substrate that's broken (not the surface) and you may be able to swap the functional guts of your device into it. Might be tricky to avoid cracking your substrate while doing that, but if you can't use it as is anyway you'll only be out cost of the broken one you buy.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:43 AM   #5
lukeoftheaura
Enthusiast
lukeoftheaura began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uschiekid View Post
Can't read with the cuts, or it annoys you reading?

I understand if it is (too) distracting, but if it is impossible to read, I don't think I understand the problem.

Mainly just a case of it being too distracting.
lukeoftheaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2018, 11:50 AM   #6
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
You can try glass scratch repair but you will always see some so to get it 100% perfect you need to replace the glass.
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote