Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #16
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
`Wikipedia Search Language`
Gives an error in this version of FW.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:00 PM   #17
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Gives an error in this version of FW.

Works fine for me, did you copy the patch to libnickel.so.1.0.0.patch file?

If you did, post the changes you did to the patch.

Last edited by oren64; 06-09-2018 at 12:03 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #18
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
oops

oren64,
sorry, I placed it in the wrong place
1000 apologies for my negligence and inattention
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:46 PM   #19
Marcolp91
Marcolp91 began at the beginning.

So, i've been patching my Kobo Glo just fine, and today I wanted to add the `Reading stats/Author name cut when the series is showing bug fix, but when I add the KoboRoot.tgz file to the main directory, after I unplug my Kobo, nothing happens, no update nor restart.
Marcolp91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 04:19 PM   #20
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcolp91 View Post
So, i've been patching my Kobo Glo just fine, and today I wanted to add the `Reading stats/Author name cut when the series is showing bug fix, but when I add the KoboRoot.tgz file to the main directory, after I unplug my Kobo, nothing happens, no update nor restart.
Main directory or .kobo?
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2018, 06:19 AM   #21
Brain
Enthusiast
Brain began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
Hello GeoffR.

First of all, thank you very much for your patches. They improve very much the reading experience

I have a doubt about the line space patches. At the beginning you had the patch `My 15 line spacing values`, but now there are two, with 10 or 24 values.

I would like to use the original number of values, but changing them, so abusing of your kindness, I would like to ask you about any hints you can provide to do it.

Edit: I have found some clues from you in post https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=62.

I should use the 24 values line spacing patch and change a 0 by a seven (marked in red below):

# Replacement value: the number of initial line spacing values to exclude from
# the line spacing slider; minimum 0, maximum 13. E.g. 9 will result in a
# slider with 15 positions, starting from the 10th replace_float value below.
replace_int = 659D66, 0, 7

Is it correct?
Would you mind sharing, which options increase your reading experience? I went through the 4 .patch files, but I'm not sure where to begin.
Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #22
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIPG-reader View Post
I have a doubt about the line space patches. At the beginning you had the patch `My 15 line spacing values`, but now there are two, with 10 or 24 values.

I would like to use the original number of values, but changing them, so abusing of your kindness, I would like to ask you about any hints you can provide to do it.
These are the changes (in red) that will make the `My 24 line spacing values` patch behave the same as the `My 15 line spacing values` patch did in firmware 3.19.5761:

Code:
#
#
# Replacement value: the number of initial line spacing values to exclude from
# the line spacing slider; minimum 0, maximum 13. E.g. 9 will result in a
# slider with 15 positions, starting from the 10th replace_float value below.
replace_int = 659D66, 0, 9
#
# 24 replacement line spacing values: change these replace_float values to suit
# your device and preferences:
#
base_address = 659D80
replace_float = 0000, 1.0, 0.75
replace_float = 0008, 1.0, 0.78
replace_float = 0010, 1.0, 0.8
replace_float = 0018, 1.0, 0.82
replace_float = 0020, 1.0, 0.84
replace_float = 0028, 1.0, 0.86
replace_float = 0030, 1.0, 0.88
replace_float = 0038, 1.0, 0.9
replace_float = 0040, 1.0, 0.92
replace_float = 0048, 1.0, 0.7
replace_float = 0050, 1.0, 0.75
replace_float = 0058, 1.0, 0.8
replace_float = 0060, 1.0, 0.82
replace_float = 0068, 1.0, 0.84
base_address = 659F20
replace_float = 0000, 1.05, 0.86
replace_float = 0008, 1.07, 0.88
replace_float = 0010, 1.1, 0.9
replace_float = 0018, 1.35, 0.92
replace_float = 0020, 1.7, 0.94
replace_float = 0028, 1.8, 0.96
replace_float = 0030, 2.2, 0.98
replace_float = 0038, 2.4, 1.0
replace_float = 0040, 2.6, 1.05
replace_float = 0048, 2.8, 1.1
#
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 03:53 AM   #23
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle, Amazon Fire HD
i have a one small problem.
With applied patch for progress my KA1 always seems to convert back from percents read to page numbers. Every time after the device is waken up i have to shift back again manually. This happens only on awakening of the device. May be a bug in KA1 sw, or i did something wong.
forster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:07 PM   #24
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forster01 View Post
With applied patch for progress my KA1 always seems to convert back from percents read to page numbers. Every time after the device is waken up i have to shift back again manually. This happens only on awakening of the device. May be a bug in KA1 sw, or i did something wong.
I don't know which patch you mean by 'patch for progress', what is the patch name?

I haven't seen this behaviour on my Glo, but I might not be using the same patches.

Also beware that with earlier firmware versions a long-press on the page number was needed to switch the display between page/percent/time, but with the current firmware only a tap is needed, so it is quite easy to switch by accident.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:28 PM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Also beware that with earlier firmware versions a long-press on the page number was needed to switch the display between page/percent/time, but with the current firmware only a tap is needed, so it is quite easy to switch by accident.
This was my thought as well. And with various firmware versions, there have been reports of page turns happening when closing and opening the cover on the Aura ONE. I was wondering if it was something to do with how @forster01 was holding the device when waking it.

Also, does it happen the other way? If the progress is on page numbers when sleep is activated, does it stay that way or change to percentage? Or maybe time left if the book is a kepub.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:56 AM   #26
forster01
Groupie
forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.forster01 can do the Funky Gibbon.

First: this is a patch.
Quote:
patch_name = `Custom footer (page number text)`
patch_enable = `yes`
# Multi-version patch: 2.8.1 - 4.8.11073+
#
## Shortens the page number text in the reading footer, and perhaps elsewhere.
## E.g. "Page 1 of 2" becomes "1 / 2" (not sure how it affects translations)
#
find_base_address = `Page %1 <i>of</i> %2`
replace_string = 0000, `Page %1 <i>of</i> %2`, `%1 / %2`
</Patch>
Second: I use firmware 4.8.11073, and also sometimes, when the sleep cover is closed in the middle of the chapter on opening a sleep cover my reading position is moved forward for a few pages. This does not happen when the cover is closed on the new chapter page.

I'm opening a sleep cover without touching a screen, i don't know if there's any special position for opening a sleep cover.

Last edited by forster01; 06-29-2018 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:59 AM   #27
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
First: this is a patch.

Second: I use firmware 4.8.11073, and also sometimes, when the sleep cover is closed in the middle of the chapter on opening a sleep cover my reading position is moved forward for a few pages. This does not happen when the cover is closed on the new chapter page.

I'm opening a sleep cover without touching a screen, i don't know if there's any special position for opening a sleep cover.
I have that patch applied to KA1 and it doesn't happen what you're telling me. Perhaps it's related to Geoff's comment about change in user interface for switching progress display.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:20 AM   #28
forster01
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I have that patch applied to KA1 and it doesn't happen what you're telling me. Perhaps it's related to Geoff's comment about change in user interface for switching progress display.
so when you change to show percentage of entire book, put it to sleep, it stays as percentage when you wake your device up?
Old 06-29-2018, 07:24 AM   #29
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
so when you change to show percentage of entire book, put it to sleep, it stays as percentage when you wake your device up?
I never use neither entire book nor percentage, but I will check.
Old 07-04-2018, 05:09 AM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you've not yet installed/patched 4.8.11073, you may want to wait and have a go with 4.9.11311 which has just been released.

See the following thread about it.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=300833
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote