Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 01:33 AM   #1
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
Getting text of highlights off of ka1?

I have made some highlights on my ka1, and I would like to get those into a text file or something like that. The Kindle had a text from on the device and a website where you could copy or view your highlights and notes easily. I'm guessing that Kobo doesn't have a website, but is there a text file or something where the highlights are stored?

This is a library book, so I'd prefer to not have to have the book available in order to view the highlights long term, and I don't want to have to pull the whole book into Calibre to get it working, if possible.

Thanks!!!
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:05 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There is a few ways to do it and it has been discussed many times in this forum. A search for "annotation" should find them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2017, 02:30 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Copied and roughly translated from: Lectores Electrónicos - Kobo:

Quote:
- Extract highlights to a text file

Edit file Kobo eReader.conf at .kobo/kobo (inside the ereader memory) and add the following line (if [FeatureSettings] line already exists, don't add it again but put the other line under it):

[FeatureSettings]
ExportHighlights=true

Save changes, disconnect and that's all. At the book menu (inside the library keep pressed the book till the menu appears) there is a new option: "Export Highlightings". Select it and define a filename. The .TXT file is added to the root of the ereader memory and includes both highlightings and notes.
For editing Kobo eReader.conf use a Linux compatible editor as Notepad++ or vim.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:27 AM   #4
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
Awesome! Thanks!
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:50 AM   #5
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post

For editing Kobo eReader.conf use a Linux compatible editor as Notepad++ or vim.
Interesting feature. I'll try it on my Glo with latest FW. Thanks.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post

An for those of us that don't read Spanish, most of the options described on that page are in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=218376. All the rest have been discussed at some point, so a search should find them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote