Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 06:27 AM   #61
RobertW
RobertW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
New dictionaries

I've created two dictionaries.
English-Polish https://www.sendspace.com/file/ud52xu
German-Polish https://www.sendspace.com/file/ud52xu

I used Wiktionary database to create them, so big thanks to all people working on this project.

English dictionary has 55k unique definitions and german 24k.
Right now I'm working on Russian - Polish dictionary. There is no problem with working on Cyrillic alphabet.

I wrote, some script, that parse wiktionary database, so after making small changes it will be possible to prepare dictionaries from other wiki words databases (English, German, etc...). I'm very eager to try it , so please give me hint which language dictionary should I create.

One thing you have to remember after installing them.
Turn of synchronisation, because updates will replace your dictionaries with standard ones.

Script code is not going publicyet , because is not ready in 100%.

Enjoy reading.

Last edited by RobertW; 08-20-2014 at 06:32 AM.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 04:42 AM   #62
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
Is there a English--Chinese dictionary?
Is there only one Chinese dictionary?
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #63
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Nice work, but it looks like you linked twice the same file (?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertW View Post
I've created two dictionaries.
English-Polish https://www.sendspace.com/file/ud52xu
German-Polish https://www.sendspace.com/file/ud52xu
Moreover, this thread is meant to list the official Kobo dictionaries. I maintain a list of custom (i.e., user-made) dictionaries in the following thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=232883

Would you mind repost there? If you also correct the above typo, I will include your files in the first post, thank you.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #64
RobertW
RobertW began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Ohhh...sorry. I didn't know. I'll repost it in proper thread.
RobertW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 03:43 PM   #65
Elector
Elector began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Please, I'm looking for a spanish-french dictionary. Anybody can help me? Thank you very much.
Elector is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2015, 09:22 AM   #66
Nelle
Nelle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elector View Post
Please, I'm looking for a spanish-french dictionary. Anybody can help me? Thank you very much.
Here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...23#post3224723 post #5
Je viens juste d'y trouver mon bonheur
Nelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:02 AM   #67
Elector
Elector began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
Here : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...23#post3224723 post #5
Je viens juste d'y trouver mon bonheur
Merci beaucoup. Thank you very much. Muchas gracias.
Elector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:44 PM   #68
locus
Enthusiast
locus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does anybody knows if there's an English dictionary that includes the IPA pronunciation ? the ones I've tried didn't it
locus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:25 AM   #69
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Hello,

I'm looking for a alternative French dictionary for my H2O.
I'm look ing for "Le nouveau Littré" by example, it seems tu be very complete.

Thanks in advance
Luck
tropoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #70
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropoy View Post
Hello,

I'm looking for a alternative French dictionary for my H2O.
I'm look ing for "Le nouveau Littré" by example, it seems tu be very complete.

Thanks in advance
Luck
There are threads here on non-official dictionaries. Search for them.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:42 AM   #71
tropoy
Enthusiast
tropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enoughtropoy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
There are threads here on non-official dictionaries. Search for them.
Thank you for your answer.

I searched for an alternative french dictionary here and I didn't find one.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #72
tropoy
Enthusiast

I've searched and , with the help of Alberto Pettarin (Penelope), he made me the French "Academie Française 1935" dictionary for Kobo.

Here it is for whom that could be interested:
https://1fichier.com/?1jp4ensri9

Old 03-27-2016, 06:37 AM   #73
pakoe
pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.pakoe knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by locus View Post
Does anybody knows if there's an English dictionary that includes the IPA pronunciation ? the ones I've tried didn't it
I can send you an English-German dictionary, based on dict.cc and including IPA based on http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cmudict, which I converted to IPA. I can also send you just the IPA dictionary as .csv file (example: contraceptive ==<span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif; font-size:27px">[kɑ,ntrəsɛ'ptɪv]</span>), so you can use it to build a dicitonary with Penelope.
pakoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 01:42 PM   #74
satelman
satelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi,

I have created a dictionary for a language pair that is very hard to find on the Internet:

Basque-Spanish: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...html-eu-es.zip
Spanish-Basque: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...html-es-eu.zip

Hope some of you may find it useful. Enjoy!
satelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:19 AM   #75
Kobo_Mao
Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Kobo_Mao knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Glo
I have a Glo.
In the new FW 4.3.8945 I cannot install new dictionary.
I had that dictionary in the previous FW.
The sync clear new dictionary and it install official dictionary.
Sorry for my bad english.
Kobo_Mao is offline   Reply With Quote