Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #31
delvorak
delvorak doesn't litterdelvorak doesn't litterdelvorak doesn't litter

Device: nookColor
I do not have a honeycomb device yet... That's going to make it hard to get FBSync working on Honeycomb.

Can you send me a list of the files that are in the

/data/data/org.geometerplus.zlibrary.ui.android/databases

directory on your device? Most likely something changed with those files that is preventing this from working.

Scott
delvorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 02:44 AM   #32
chenchen
chenchen began at the beginning.

Device: none
awesome concept. however, i am having a probllem. once i sync the books from my ablet to my phone, where do i find the new books on my phone? they do not come up under the file tree system in fbreader
chenchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #33
delvorak
delvorak doesn't litterdelvorak doesn't litterdelvorak doesn't litter

Device: nookColor
Thank you for your interest in FBSync.

Assuming that you have FBSync set up on both devices with the same account, and set up to sync your files via Dropbox, and you are using the same dropbox account on both, then everytime you sync on a device it will upload/download any missing files on the device/dropbox automatically. It downloads them to the same location it uploaded from, so if you stored them on your tablet in

/sdcard/Books

Then they should appear on your phone in the same directory. If your phone doesn't have that directory (for instance, you don't have an sdcard inserted, or /sdcard/ isn't valid for some reason), they won't download.

Another scenario that would fail is if you stored your books on internal memory on your tablet, but your phone didn't have internal memory, or the internal memory wasn't mapped to the same directories.

Without knowing the specifics of your devices and their directory structures, I'm afraid I can't give any more specific advice.

Scott
delvorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:55 AM   #34
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Love this concept. I'm wondering however if it can be extended to be more than an FBReader feature. Like supporting kindle (mdp) sync or sync for Moon+.

=X=
This is what I'm hoping for...not going to hold my breath though.

and the Root thing is still a fail.

Last edited by kennyc; 09-10-2011 at 07:57 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #35
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Love this concept. I'm wondering however if it can be extended to be more than an FBReader feature. Like supporting kindle (mdp) sync or sync for Moon+.

=X=
Moon+ comes with sync integrated as of 1.4.1
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 03:00 AM   #36
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Please explain. I have not found a sync feature, the closest thing is a backup/restore feature that must be manually executed.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:44 AM   #37
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I took a look and don't see it either.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #38
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Go to misc options there's a check box at the bottom.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #39
kennyc

Old 01-11-2012, 03:22 PM   #40
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay I see it. I was hoping for a full sync, but at least a last page read is a good start.

The manual backup/restore works great. I don't know what is preventing him from automating this feature.
=X=
Old 01-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #41
=X=
Wizard

You need to open a book. Select the gears icon(shows up when tapping the middle of the screen). A menu option will appear with the "Miscellaneous" text. Scroll to the bottom. It's the last check box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Love Moon+, but it's UI settings sometimes make me feel like I'm in Daedalus's labyrinth.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:04 PM   #42
kennyc

Quote:
You need to open a book. Select the gears icon(shows up when tapping the middle of the screen). A menu option will appear with the "Miscellaneous" text. Scroll to the bottom. It's the last check box.

Love Moon+, but it's UI settings sometimes make me feel like I'm in Daedalus's labyrinth.
Oh, jeeze, that's intuitive...
Old 01-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #43
Marseille
Guru

Yeah, it took me a while to find the setting too. I haven't tried remembering my dropbox info yet and set it up, but I'm assuming you'll only have to go there once, and it will sync automagically thereafter. Might not be understanding how it work though.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #44
=X=
Wizard

I can't get the page sync to work. I don't know how often it syncs but all of my test fall withing 1hr wait time and no sync happens. However the backup/restore works like a charm. It's just not feasible since one has to remember to do it every time.

=X=
Old 01-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #45
Marseille
Guru

Frequency is definitely something I'd like to be able to set. Further, it'd be great to have a manual sync button like the kindle readerware does for times when you're making a quick transition.

Tags
android, fbreader, root, sync