Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-10-2018, 05:11 AM   #181
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SuperNote A5X
Hi

How good is plato at reading epub / mobi? I currently have no kobo ereader but could be tempted to get one if plato could handle everything.

Thanks
datanoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 03:11 PM   #182
pst
pst began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by datanoise View Post
How good is plato at reading epub / mobi? I currently have no kobo ereader but could be tempted to get one if plato could handle everything.
None of the readers handles everything. I'm now using Plato, even though it is the most limited one of the three available readers. The reason is simple: The Kobo one can't traverse directories and my books are organised in directory - plus I can't set the line spacing, for whatever reason. Koreader might be able to do everything, but it suffers heavily from the open-source-syndrome - it's a huge mess. Plato is quite limited, unfinished - but what I need, works. And it shows a lot of progress.
pst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 05:03 AM   #183
datanoise
Groupie
datanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshesdatanoise can read faster than his screen refreshes

Thanks, pst. Last time I tried plato was a long time ago. Going to try it again.

The ability to add another reader within plato for selected file types could be interesting, so that plato can be used as the main system for the ereader; that would make it more versatile, even if it's already pretty powerful.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:08 AM   #184
pst
pst began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
The ability to add another reader within plato for selected file types could be interesting, so that plato can be used as the main system for the ereader; that would make it more versatile, even if it's already pretty powerful.
I already wondered if it wouldn't make sense to have a separation between (book-)-browser and readers.

Two other things that are missing just came to my mind: A start page listing your recent reads + adds (or did I miss that somehow?) and a dictionary. As a non-native english speaker, I like to look up words now and then during reading.
pst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #185
datanoise
Groupie

So I finally found a second hand H2o2, it's a version 2.

I can start plato using NiLuJe's kfmon but the touchscreen doesn't work as intended: to have an action on the right side of the screen, I have to put my finder on the extreme left.

If that's of any help, to be able to get koreader working I've had to use NiLuJe's latest config file

I tried the double finger swap, it doesn't leave anything special in info.log (there's only "Plato is running on a Kobo Aura H₂O Edition 2. The framebuffer resolution is 1080 by 1440.").

That said, plato looks really nice, thanks for this great app!
Old 06-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #186
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlynton View Post
Using calibre, what directory structure would you recommend?
I've no experience with calibre. But I think there might be a misunderstanding here: what you see in the summary bar are categories, not directories. You can freely add or remove categories on books: it won't have any effect on the directory tree.
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #187
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How good is plato at reading epub / mobi?
Right now, Plato relies on mupdf for every reflowable formats.

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I'm not satisfied with the quality of the ePUB renderer and I'm in the process of writing one.

mupdf doesn't handle MOBI, but I might also write a renderer for this format, since it's based on HTML 3.2.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #188
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pst View Post
Two other things that are missing just came to my mind: A start page listing your recent reads + adds (or did I miss that somehow?)
Unless I'm mistaken, the home view already provides that: you can sort by opened or added date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pst View Post
and a dictionary.
This is on my TODO list.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #189
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
I can start plato using NiLuJe's kfmon but the touchscreen doesn't work as intended: to have an action on the right side of the screen, I have to put my finder on the extreme left.
Thanks, I've applied the necessary changes to handle this model. It should be working fine in the next release.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #190
datanoise
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Thanks, I've applied the necessary changes to handle this model. It should be working fine in the next release.
Nice, thanks!
Old 06-29-2018, 06:24 AM   #191
baskerville
Evangelist

I've released 0.4.1.

List of changes:
  • The configuration file is using the TOML format.
  • The configuration file is reloaded when the e-reader is unplugged.
  • The series metadata field is being matched against a document search query.
  • The Aura H₂O Edition 2 Version 2 is normally supported.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:15 PM   #192
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Did any Aura HD user recently run plato from KSM 9 (after installing KBStartMenu_09_plato_4.1.zip)?
My reason for asking: #269, #270,#295,#296.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 03:51 AM   #193
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
For some reason I only see KSM menu images and the rest of my books are on the SD card, is SD cards supported?
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:03 AM   #194
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaxon View Post
For some reason I only see KSM menu images and the rest of my books are on the SD card, is SD cards supported?
You can set the library path in Settings.toml:
Code:
library-path = "/mnt/sd"
Old 07-27-2018, 04:33 AM   #195
Elaxon
Zealot
Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elaxon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20 Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
You can set the library path in Settings.toml:
Code:
library-path = "/mnt/sd"
Thank you, very neat and I love the design of the interface.
Elaxon is offline   Reply With Quote