Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 01:09 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
epub or FB2 what do you use?

What is the better format for reading on a hanlin v3 device and what would be the best firmware for that format.
Currently I am using Tirwal's 2.9 and am using coolreader for epub
I like how the library supports reading the metadata for fb2 files wish it had something similar for epubs. But I was only able to open one fb2 files the others freeze the reader.
The fb2 files are not opening with coolreader but from what looks like hanlin normal firmware.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
What is the better format for reading on a hanlin v3 device and what would be the best firmware for that format.
Currently I am using Tirwal's 2.9 and am using coolreader for epub
I like how the library supports reading the metadata for fb2 files wish it had something similar for epubs. But I was only able to open one fb2 files the others freeze the reader.
The fb2 files are not opening with coolreader but from what looks like hanlin normal firmware.
There must be something strange about your Tirwal 2.9 firmware setup or the software that you are using if you are making your own FB2 files? CoolReader has always been a great Fiction Book (FB2) reader, and just recently added EPUB to it's capabilities with the 3 version. The 2 version and earlier could not read EPUB. Currently, I only read books in FB2 format, and use that format for all my book archiving. One of the design goals for Fiction Book was to make it a format easily convertible to other formats, and that is what makes it good for archiving novels. I do like CoolReader's EPUB capabilities, but EPUB does not add anything that I currently need in an ebook file format. I usually buy books in whatever format they are available in, but then convert them to FB2 before reading. FWIW, I currently use the latest Lbook firmware for reading on both my 5" and 6" Jinke/Hanlin readers.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert